Skip to main content

Sunderland Restaurant week


Last night I was lucky enough to attend a preview of some of the restaurants participating in Sunderland's restaurant week. This is in partnership with Sunderland Experience (BID).
Restaurant week is a good time to try out new restaurants that you may have not considered otherwise. As it's restaurant week those participating have really affordable offers on that vary between £5-£20. With over 50 restaurants taking part there really is something for everyone (even for fussy eaters...like myself)

When does Sunderland restaurant week start?
It starts 9th September for 1 week.

Benefits of restaurant week
Promotes the local area
Great chance for Sunderland restaurants to show what they have on offer
A choice of 2-3 course meals for affordable prices
To try out places you might have not even heard of before

The Prosecco Bar
Where is the Prosecco bar located?
Mowbray Park Centre, Borough

My opinion
This is the first prosecco bar in Sunderland to be offering a wide selections of wines. Here we sampled some of the prosecco available and nibbles. If you are a prosecco fan I would highly recommend this place. Not only for the wide selection of prosecco but for the relaxed and luxury interior setting. The lounge itself is very classy and done to a high quality standard. It's like a high end bar in London brought directly to Sunderland. In addition to this, they also offer spirits and cocktails to cater for a wider clientele.

It was also really nice to see Amy and Gemma again, it's always really nice to have a catch up with other local North East bloggers.

Asiana Fusion Restaurant

Where is Asiana Fusion located?
Echo 24 Building, West Wear

My opinion
To be completely honest I am not a huge fan of Asian food but Asiana did surprise me (in a good way) with the starters available. My top recommendation from the starter platter is the chicken stick. The owner shared his reasoning's behind certain dishes and how he has managed to create those traditional flavours. The views just add to the overall experience as the views are stunning of the river wear. The staff are lovely and friendly, they make sure you are happy with everything etc.

The New Tipi
Port of Call

Where is the New Tipi by Port of Call located?
Park Lane

My opinion
Out of all the places we visited this is my favourite place. This is where we had our main meals, there was a big selection for us to try. My favourite things were the chicken burger and the beef burger. They tasted amazing! Whilst we were there we also tried some of the cocktails available. I highly recommend the Tipi to anyone as you won't be disappointed. I will be returning in the future. The Tipi restaurant is 'my kind' of restaurant for food aka the fussy eater, that still likes flavoursome food. 

Serendipity
Tea and Trinkets

Where is Serendipity Tea and Trinkets located?
Frederick Street

My opinion
I was really excited to visit here! Who doesn't love tea and cakes? For Mothers Day I tried to book up here but it was fully booked. Serrendipity didn't disappoint, the interior is vintage, quirky and pretty. The atmosphere is very relaxed and the staff are really friendly. The cakes tasted amazing! If you are wanting to visit a Tea Room I highly recommend visiting here.

Finally a mention to Station Taxi's
Station Taxi's kindly transported us to each restaurant as it saved us walking 15 minutes between each one. I have used Station Taxi's for years and the taxi's are always reliable and affordable.

My overall opinion about Sunderland Restaurant week
Overall, I am really impressed with the restaurants Sunderland has to offer. There really is something for everyone. Restaurant week is a good time to try out new places at affordable prices. You might just discover places that you wouldn't normally visit.

 How to contact me
Twitter
_chloehx_
Instagram

_chloehx_

Email
chloeschoicex@gmail.com

  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything 5 pounds lookbook

Everything 5 pounds is an online retailer that sell clothes, shoes, jackets etc all for £5. There are so many choices on the website to pick from. I was given the opportunity to pick 9 items from the website to feature on my blog. With that I've decided to create a lookbook of all of the clothes. I am really happy with them all and ideal to dress either up or down. I decided to pick 7 dresses as they are mainly what I wear and are really versatile. Shoe wise I went with a classic black pair of heels and a black wedge.
For Reference I am 5ft 4 so the length of the dresses will differ on you depending on your height. All the dresses that I ordered are a size 8. All of the dresses are true to size and accurate. Same with the shoes they are true to size.
All the clothes in this post should still be available to buy online. The clothes on Everything 5 pounds tend to go out of stock quickly.
3/4 Sleeve Textured Dress This is one of my favourite dresses that I picked as I love the colour, s…

Max Factor: Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle foundation review

I was kindly sent these products to review
Max Factor is such an iconic brand that has been around for years. I can remember Nana using it and even my Mam. When I got the chance to try out some Max Factor makeup I was really happy (infact I screamed inside) When I opened the package I was really happy with what was inside. The Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle Touch Foundation. Both products claim to smooth the skin textures. Also, these products are advertised on TV and the models skin looks flawless. Anything that claims to make your skin look flawless and smooth I will try. As you all know I love a flawless, smooth and full coverage base.
Smooth Miracle Primer I 'secretly' hoped that this would have been one of the products in the package, as I really wanted to try it out. So when I saw this product I was thrilled. The bottom picture above is the primer using a small pump and on the right (which you can't see) it is blended out. I applied the primer all over my face and I…

Estee Lauder Double Wear Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear is my holy grail foundation. I have used it for years and it lasts really well on the skin whilst still giving you that 'flawless' finish. This is my ideal foundation as its full coverage, lasts all day on the skin, looks flawless and is good for shine control. It is also the UK's no 1 foundation.

Claims
15 hour staying power
Flawless all day
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and nonstop activity
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes
Feels lightweight and comfortable
Medium/buildable coverage
SPF 10

Shade Range
There are 29 different shade range available and they are split up into three different categories warm, cool and neutral undertones.
Warm shades:1W1 Bone, 1W2 Sand, 2W1 Dawn, 2W2 Rattan, 3W1 Tawny, 3W2 Cashew, 4W1 Honey Bronze, 4W2 Toasty Coffee, 4W3 Henna, 5W2 Rich Caramel, 6W1 Sandalwood
Cool shades: 1C1 Cool Bone, 2C1 Pure Beige, 2C2 Pale Almond, 2C3 Fresco, 2C4 Ivory Rose, 3C2 Pebble, 4C1 Outdoor Beige, 5C1 …