Skip to main content

Charlotte Tilbury makeover experience


Charlotte Tilbury is one of my favourite makeup brands. The packaging is just gorgeous and so luxurious. I was thrilled when I got the opportunity to get my makeup done by one of Charlottes professional makeup artists*. I got my makeup done at Fenwicks Newcastle as this was the nearest counter to me. All of these opinions in this post are 100% honest and truthful.

I rarely ever get my makeup done,as I am so fussy when it comes to how I like my makeup applied and the overall look. Spoiler alert! I am really happy with my overall look. So if you are nervous about getting your makeup done, I highly recommend going to a Charlotte Tilbury makeup counter. As the makeup artists are really talented and listen to how you like your makeup.

In all of these photo's I haven't edited the pictures to give a more accurate representation of the way my makeup looked in person.

About Charlotte Tilbury
British makeup artist
Her main aim with makeup is to "give women instant confidence" with the way look and also how they feel on the inside.
"Give a woman the right makeup and she can conquer the world"
Pillow Talk is one of her best selling lipstick shades
She has worked with many celebrities including: Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, Natalie Portman etc.
Her makeup brand has won many awards.

The look
There are 10 different looks to choose from these range from everyday looks to more dramatic looks. It was so hard deciding on what makeup look to pick as they are all beautiful. In the end I decided to go for 'Vintage Vamp' as this look to me screams glamour. If you have followed me for a while you will know I love flawless skin, smoky eyes and a bold lip. Which is exactly what this look is.

On Charlotte Tilbury's website this look is described as seductive and glamorous.


Makeup Artist
I had no idea who would be doing my makeup on the day until I went to the counter. The girls at the Charlotte Tilbury counter were so welcoming. My makeup artist was Sarina Kaur, her makeup looked flawless, so I knew I would be in 'safe hands'. She asked me how I liked my makeup to look e.g the type of finish I like my foundation, how much coverage I like, how like my brows to look etc, she also explained how the products worked, how to apply the products etc.
If you are in the Newcastle area I highly recommend Sarina as she is extremely talented and has so much knowledge about Charlotte Tilbury products.


Before the makeover
This is where I sat to get my makeup applied. The makeup area is luxurious and glamorous. The ideal surroundings to get your makeup applied! I went to the counter with no makeup on, luckily for me my skin was fairly clear.

The overall look
I am thrilled with how my make looks, it is exactly how I wanted it to be if not better!
I am extremely fussy when it comes to makeup but I can't fault anything about this look.

As I said previously I haven't used any filter/edited these images at all. The only thing used is the lighting on the Charlotte Tilbury counter. Which is why certain parts of my face have a shadow on them. This picks up the glitter on the eyes, the highlighter and how glossy my lips are.


Products used, prices and mini review on the products used
To recreate this whole look it would cost £165.

Skincare
Multi Miracle Glow balm
£45
Magic cream
£70
This felt amazing on the skin!
Wonder Glow
£38.50
Complexion
Magic Foundation shade 3
£30
I am usually the lightest shade when it comes to foundation but as I had fake tan on I was 2 shades darker.
This foundation is hyped up a lot and I can totally understand why now. It gives you medium/full coverage, makes your skin look flawless whilst still looking natural
Retoucher Concealer shade 1
£25
I like my under eye area to look brighter as I do suffer from dark circles. This made the area brighter and reduced the look of dark circles.
Airbrush Flawless finishing powder
£33
Sarina used this to set under my eyes and t zone to keep those areas matte.
This powder applied really and never made my skin look cakey
Filmstar Bronze and Glow: Light
£49
Sarina applied this on my temples, my cheekbones and blended it up as I like to look bronzed and under my jaw.
This makes you look bronzed without looking muddy.
The highlight was applied on my cheekbones, down the centre of my nose, middle of my forehead and cupids bow.
Eyes
Brow lift: Rita
£22.50
This product is angled which makes it easier to define your brows. This applied really nicely to my brows and made them look natural but defined.
Legendary Brows: Linda
£18.50
This set my brows into place. The wand is so small which is good as it can coat every brow hair.
Colour Chameleon: Bronzed Garnet
£19
Sarina used this as an eye base and I am really impressed by it.
The colour applied really easily and created a nice base ready for eyeshadow application
Luxury eyeshadow palette: The Vintage Vamp
Prime shade
Inner corner of my eyes
Brow bone
Enhance shade
Outer corner
Blend inwards towards the eye socket
Lower lash line
Smoke shade
Outer corner
Blend inwards towards the eye socket
Lower lash line
Pop shade
Centre of eye
Rock N Kohl pencil: Black
£19
Applied on my upper lash line:
Creates a smoky effect
Makes lashes look fuller and thicker
Full fat lashes
£22
This mascara added volume and length to my lashes
It was also easy to remove
Cheeks
Cheek to chic: Love is the drug
£30
Applied on the apples of my cheeks and blended up towards my ears
Lips
Lip Cheat: Savage Rose
£16
Lined my lips and filled them in with the lip pencil to create a lip stain so my lipstick etc will last longer.
Lipstick: Night Crimson
£24
This shade is so pretty and pigmented! It applied really easily and lasted for hours after (even with eating and drinking)
I am a huge fan of a bold lip and this never disappointed
Lip Lustre: Unleash Me
£16.50
This lipgloss is one of the nicest lipglosses I have tried.
It's not sticky and feels comfortable on the lips

Tools
The magic complexion brush
£45
This brush felt really nice on the skin and gave the foundation a 'airbrush' finish
Bronzer Brush
£60
Powder and Sculpt Brush
£35
Blush Brush
£30
Blender Brush
£25
Smudger Brush
£25


How my makeup looked after 8 hours
This is how my makeup lasted throughout the day after 8 hours of wear. I never touched up any of my makeup as I wanted to see how it would actually last. I am really impressed with how all the products look at the end of the day. Usually I would have had to powder but the finishing powder done a really good job of keeping my skin matte.

My overall opinion about the Charlotte Tilbury makeover experience
Like I said previously I rarely ever get my makeup done as I usually do it myself as I know exactly how I like it. I was abit nervous about letting someone else do it as I've had bad makeover experience in the past, but as soon as I spoke to Sarina she put my mind at ease and I knew I was in good hands. Sarina is so talented at makeup and done my makeup amazingly well! I would highly recommend booking an appointment with her if you are in the Newcastle area. 
The Charlotte Tilbury makeover experience has been 100% positive experience and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to book a makeover.
The CT products are really good quality and most importantly last throughout the day.

Questions
On Twitter I asked if anyone had any questions about the makeover experience. Here are some of the questions.
How much is a CT makeover?
Prices range from £35-£55 for a senior artist and it's redeemable on CT products at the end
How much impact did you have in the look you wanted and products used?
Before your makeover you can choose between 10 different looks. Before my makeup application began Sarina asked me how I like my makeup to look, the finish, coverage etc. I felt confident in her to let her get on with the look after she asked those questions.
Would you consider getting your makeup done at CT again?
 Yes I would

How to contact me
Twitter
_chloehx_
Instagram

_chloehx_

Email
chloeschoicex@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Estee Lauder Double Wear Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear is my holy grail foundation. I have used it for years and it lasts really well on the skin whilst still giving you that 'flawless' finish. This is my ideal foundation as its full coverage, lasts all day on the skin, looks flawless and is good for shine control. It is also the UK's no 1 foundation.

Claims
15 hour staying power
Flawless all day
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and nonstop activity
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes
Feels lightweight and comfortable
Medium/buildable coverage
SPF 10

Shade Range
There are 29 different shade range available and they are split up into three different categories warm, cool and neutral undertones.
Warm shades:1W1 Bone, 1W2 Sand, 2W1 Dawn, 2W2 Rattan, 3W1 Tawny, 3W2 Cashew, 4W1 Honey Bronze, 4W2 Toasty Coffee, 4W3 Henna, 5W2 Rich Caramel, 6W1 Sandalwood
Cool shades: 1C1 Cool Bone, 2C1 Pure Beige, 2C2 Pale Almond, 2C3 Fresco, 2C4 Ivory Rose, 3C2 Pebble, 4C1 Outdoor Beige, 5C1 …

Max Factor: Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle foundation review

I was kindly sent these products to review
Max Factor is such an iconic brand that has been around for years. I can remember Nana using it and even my Mam. When I got the chance to try out some Max Factor makeup I was really happy (infact I screamed inside) When I opened the package I was really happy with what was inside. The Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle Touch Foundation. Both products claim to smooth the skin textures. Also, these products are advertised on TV and the models skin looks flawless. Anything that claims to make your skin look flawless and smooth I will try. As you all know I love a flawless, smooth and full coverage base.
Smooth Miracle Primer I 'secretly' hoped that this would have been one of the products in the package, as I really wanted to try it out. So when I saw this product I was thrilled. The bottom picture above is the primer using a small pump and on the right (which you can't see) it is blended out. I applied the primer all over my face and I…

EatDrinkSunerland: Restaurant Week

Last week I was lucky enough to attend Sunderland Restaurant food week preview. I was invited to test out some of the food available at the restaurants. This is in partnership with BID. Restaurant Week starts March 11th and ends March 19th. Whether you like to experiment with trying new foods or a fussy eater (like myself) there is something for everyone, 50 food places are taking part!
The benefits of restaurant food week Promotes the local area. Sunderland can often be looked over in favour of bigger cities e.g Newcastle. So this is a great chance for Sunderland restaurants to 'show off' exactly what they are capable of. A choice of 2-3 course meals for affordable prices. These prices range from £5-£15. In my opinion this is a bargain as some restaurants charge that just for a main meal. You get to try restaurants you wouldn't try normally and try new foods.
Café Purple Despite the fact I am from Sunderland myself I have never been in Café Purple. I was seriously missing out…