Skip to main content

Urban Decay Jean Michel Basquiat Collection JMBXNCL

A few weeks ago I attended the launch of Urban Decay collaboration with Jean Michel Basquait. The lovely Laura from Ellefluence organised this event. I attended an Urban Decay event last year, so I had high hopes for this event.

The event took place in Newcastle Debenhams and Michael (Urban Decay makeup artist) told us some interesting facts about Jean Michel Basquait.
He was born in Brooklyn
American artist
He favoured art work from the 70's
His main style was informal graffiti
He passed away when he was 27 years old in 1988
The makeup packaging can be used as artwork to hang up on your wall, once you use the product up.

Urban Decay Newcastle Debenhams team


The looks created
3 looks were created at the event.
3 of the Urban Decay makeup artists each created a look using each of the palettes.

Look number 1
Gold Griot eyeshadow palette £35
Neisha created the first look on Gemma. She created a brown smokey eye using the palette.
She used a darker brown all over the lid
Lighter brown in the crease
White shade to highlight the brow bone 
Heavy metals glitter eye liner to add some sparkle in the tear duct
Lashings of mascara

This palette is ideal if you like neutral brown eyeshadows as it's really easy to create a smokey eye using this palette.

Look number 2
Tenant eyeshadow palette £35
Sophie created the 2nd look using the brighter palette on Samantha. I didn't manage to get any close up pictures of the eye look.
She created a blue and green colourful eye makeup.
Lighter green on the lid
Darker blue and green in the crease.
Lashings of mascara

This palette is ideal if you like to go bold with your eye makeup. You can either go all out for a colourful eye look or use one of the shades on your lower lash line for a pop of colour.

Look number 3
Gallery blush palette
Kelly created this look. She demonstrated how to contour, highlight and blush using this palette.
Jawbone to contour the cheeks, temples, under the jaw etc. This can also be used as an eyeshadow to add definition to the crease of your eyes.
Now's the time to highlight the cheeks,down the centre of the nose and cupids bow. This can also be used as an eyeshadow to highlight the tear duct and brow bone.
X Rated to add a pink flush to the cheeks.

I love contouring so this look was probably my favourite. The more contour the better (in my opinion). This palette is versatile and is ideal if you are travelling as everything is compact.

Swatches of the vice special effects lip toppers £15.50
These lip toppers can be used on any lipstick to change the way it looks. As you can see from the image above you can really alter the lipstick by applying one of these. They create a nice glitter effect on the lips.
I tried one of them on in the shade Fever which is a baby pink colour. This added a glitter finish ontop of the lipstick I already had on.

Meeting Laura (Ellefluence) and other bloggers
I have met Laura quite a few times and she is the loveliest person! She is always really friendly and makes you feel welcome. She also hosts really good events. Since this event, I have been this months Ellefluence 'Hero of the month' (can't believe it)
It was really nice to catch up with these lovely girls. It was really nice to see Amy,Sarah and Macara again.

MOTD and OOTN
Dress
Primark
Shoes
Deichmanns
Necklace
Michael Kors
Bracelets
Pandora
Rings
Pandora

Overall
Overall, I had a really good time. It was really interesting to see the new makeup launches and the looks created with them. It was also nice to catch up and meet other NEbloggers.
The collection is limited edition and unique packaging wise. Thank you to Laura for inviting me.

How to contact me
Twitter
_chloehx_
Instagram

_chloehx_

Email
chloeschoicex@gmail.com


Comments

  1. First of all, I love you blog format and I think the pink suits your personal style. I great post and great seeing you. Hopefully, see you around.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everything 5 pounds lookbook

Everything 5 pounds is an online retailer that sell clothes, shoes, jackets etc all for £5. There are so many choices on the website to pick from. I was given the opportunity to pick 9 items from the website to feature on my blog. With that I've decided to create a lookbook of all of the clothes. I am really happy with them all and ideal to dress either up or down. I decided to pick 7 dresses as they are mainly what I wear and are really versatile. Shoe wise I went with a classic black pair of heels and a black wedge.
For Reference I am 5ft 4 so the length of the dresses will differ on you depending on your height. All the dresses that I ordered are a size 8. All of the dresses are true to size and accurate. Same with the shoes they are true to size.
All the clothes in this post should still be available to buy online. The clothes on Everything 5 pounds tend to go out of stock quickly.
3/4 Sleeve Textured Dress This is one of my favourite dresses that I picked as I love the colour, s…

Estee Lauder Double Wear Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear is my holy grail foundation. I have used it for years and it lasts really well on the skin whilst still giving you that 'flawless' finish. This is my ideal foundation as its full coverage, lasts all day on the skin, looks flawless and is good for shine control. It is also the UK's no 1 foundation.

Claims
15 hour staying power
Flawless all day
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and nonstop activity
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes
Feels lightweight and comfortable
Medium/buildable coverage
SPF 10

Shade Range
There are 29 different shade range available and they are split up into three different categories warm, cool and neutral undertones.
Warm shades:1W1 Bone, 1W2 Sand, 2W1 Dawn, 2W2 Rattan, 3W1 Tawny, 3W2 Cashew, 4W1 Honey Bronze, 4W2 Toasty Coffee, 4W3 Henna, 5W2 Rich Caramel, 6W1 Sandalwood
Cool shades: 1C1 Cool Bone, 2C1 Pure Beige, 2C2 Pale Almond, 2C3 Fresco, 2C4 Ivory Rose, 3C2 Pebble, 4C1 Outdoor Beige, 5C1 …

Max Factor: Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle foundation review

I was kindly sent these products to review
Max Factor is such an iconic brand that has been around for years. I can remember Nana using it and even my Mam. When I got the chance to try out some Max Factor makeup I was really happy (infact I screamed inside) When I opened the package I was really happy with what was inside. The Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle Touch Foundation. Both products claim to smooth the skin textures. Also, these products are advertised on TV and the models skin looks flawless. Anything that claims to make your skin look flawless and smooth I will try. As you all know I love a flawless, smooth and full coverage base.
Smooth Miracle Primer I 'secretly' hoped that this would have been one of the products in the package, as I really wanted to try it out. So when I saw this product I was thrilled. The bottom picture above is the primer using a small pump and on the right (which you can't see) it is blended out. I applied the primer all over my face and I…