Skip to main content

Hilton Hotel Newcastle Gateshead review


Last week I was given the amazing opportunity to review the Hilton Newcastle Gateshead hotel overnight on Sunday. This opportunity was too good to refuse as the Hilton is a 4 star hotel. I was really excited to go as I haven't actually stayed in a hotel on my own before. Me and 5 other bloggers were invited to test out the leisure facilities, food, drinks etc.

About Hilton Hotel
Global brand
Originally founded by Conrad Hilton
Number of locations: 570
4 Star hotel


Itinerary for the event
3pm onwards
Check in at our leisure (or a time that was best suited to us)
Able to use the pool, Jacuzzi, sauna etc
5pm
Meet in hotel bar for cocktails
6pm
Executive lounge for pre dinner drinks and pick from the dinner menu.
Afterwards guided downstairs to the restaurant for our dinner
Afterwards
Our own time
Monday morning
Breakfast and checkout (at our leisure)

Before the event
This event I was really looking forward to and had planned what I was going to take with me. Even though it was only an overnight stay I always end up overpacking.... I just can't help myself. Although for me I am 'proud' that I only packed a 'few' things (saying that I did end up taking a very small suit case instead of an overnight bag)
I tried to pack as lightly as I could which meant wearing a few similar items as the day before.
I wanted to arrive at the hotel for 3pm as I like to be early and to make sure I have plenty of time etc.

What I wore to the hotel
Dress
Everything 5
Cardi
Select
Tights
Primark
Boots
Ego Official
Bag
Vivienne Westwood
Necklace
Butler and Wilson
Rings
Pandora
Bracelet
Amazon
Lips
Essence lip liner: Honey Berry
Urban Decay lipstick: Anarchy

The makeup that I wore actually lasted me all day and night even in a sauna!

Hotel guest room and view
£109 based on two sharing
(or even cheaper if people book and pay inadvaced)
What the guest room features
Non smoking
Floor to ceiling windows
Air conditioning
32inch TV
Alarm radio
Bathroom with bath products
Tea and coffee facilities
Hairdryer
Wifi
Iron/Ironing board
Minibar (you do have to pay for whatever you use from this)
Workspace with desk and chair

The hotel room exceeded my expectations. I knew it would be nice and have luxuries etc but I never thought it would be this nice.
First of all when I entered the room everything was immaculate. The bed was made perfectly, the bathroom was really clean and that view is just amazing.
The bathroom has plenty of lighting and mirrors in so ideal to get ready in the morning. It also comes with mini shampoo, conditioner, body lotion etc. So you don't have to worry about bringing your own or if you've accidently forgotten them.
The bed is one of the comfiest beds I have slept in. The pillows are really soft and the bed is huge so ideal if you like a lot of space, just to relax in for the night(s)
If you can't decide whether you prefer a shower or bath, the Hilton Hotel provides you with both.
Complimentary tea, coffee, biscuits, water etc are also provided for you.
As I was in one of the deluxe rooms I also got a bathrobes and slippers which is ideal to put on to visit the leisure facilities.

Leisure facilities
At the time I went to the leisure facilities it was really busy especially the pool area. Even though I have included a picture of the pool, I have had to 'scribble' the other members of the public out for privacy reasons etc.
The pool is quite big and spacious so plenty of room to have a swim etc. There is also seating around the outside if you fancy a sit down or just to relax.
The sauna is nice and spacious inside. That was one of my favourite parts of the leisure facilities.
If you find that you are too hot after using the sauna, pool etc there is a shower facility to cool yourself down afterwards!


5pm and onwards

What I wore after the leisure facilities/ evening time
This picture was taken in the hotel room using the mirror
Dress
H&M
Tights
Primark
Boots
Ego Official
Necklace
Butler and Wilson
Rings
Pandora
Bracelet
Amazon
Lipstick
Mac Rebel
Bag
(not included in this pic)
Vivienne Westwood

After the leisure facilities I quickly went back up to my hotel room to get changed for the evening.

Cocktails in the hotel bar
What girl (or man) doesn't like a cocktail? I know I am partial to a few! We were treated to cocktails at the hotel bar. We had a menu provided for us to pick which cocktail we wanted aswell as mini cocktails to try.
I went for a Daiquiri (as my usual cocktail of choice Blue Lagoon wasn't on the menu) this tasted exactly like a strawberry slush (which I love!)
The hotel bar it self is quite classy and spacious.   
If you are a cocktail lover then I would recommend trying one from the Hilton Hotel as there is a wide variety to pick from.

6pm

Pre drinks in the executive lounge, nibbles and pick dinner from menu
The executive lounge is located on the 5th floor and over looks the Tyne bridge etc. In here we were treated to nibbles, drinks etc. The nibbles available was a really nice selection e.g ham, bread cheese etc. Drink wise we have a bottle of fizz and could help ourselves to the mini bar downstairs.
Here we picked what food we wanted later on in the evening. This was a really hard choice as there was so many things to pick from on the menu. Everything sounded amazing.
We picked a starter and a main.

Dinner
 
We went down to the hotel's restaurant which is located on ground floor. Here we had our table already set up for us to enjoy the night ahead.
Starters
There was plenty of starters to choose from ranging from breads, cheese, tomato's etc.
I am a fussy eater (I always have been) so I decided to 'play it safe' and go with a classic garlic bread. As you can't go wrong with ordering this.
The garlic bread was honestly one of the best I have tried. It was really tasty, cooked really nice and it had a drizzle of oil on it which added to the flavour. This was one of the stand out's on the menu for me. I would order this again 100% if I went back.
Mains
For mains the other 5 bloggers decided to order steaks (which looked amazing) There was a choice of side options available ranging from mushrooms, fries, sweet potato fries, vegetables etc.
Again, being the fussy eater that I am I decided to 'play it safe' (again) and order a burger as you can't go wrong with it. I asked for a plain burger only with smoky bacon ontop.
The burger came with fries, smoky bacon and tomato sauce. This burger was really nice and tasty. The smoky bacon ontop added the extra flavour to the burger, making it even more delicious.
I am not a huge fan of fries/chips in general but these were cooked perfectly and I actually really enjoyed them.

Desert
For desert I decided to order a plain vanilla ice cream. This is the perfect desert (in my opinion) to finish the evenings courses. By this point I was already full but you 'always' have room for ice cream. This tasted amazing and I really enjoyed it.


Monday Morning

OOTD
Dress
Everything 5
Tights
Primark
Boots
Ego Official
Necklace
Butler and Wilson
Rings
Pandora
Bracelet
Amazon
Bag
(not shown)
Vivienne Westwood
Lip liner
Essence: Satin Mauve
Lipstick
Clinique pop lacquer: 09 Nude Pop

Breakfast
Breakfast with a view, what a nice way to start a Monday morning.
Breakfast is one of the classic meals that sets you up for the day. At the Hilton Hotel there are a wide range of choices that you can get. You help yourself to the food which means you can have as much as you like. There is a choice of hot and continental foods available. The breakfast was really nice, tasty and also filling. I also had a cup of coffee (or two) to 'set me up' for the day. I had a latte which is my favourite coffee.

My overall opinion and experience of the Hilton Hotel
I honestly had such an amazing time at the hotel and I would highly recommend it. The rooms are to an impeccable standard, comfy beds to sleep in, good facilities and nice food. The staff at the Hilton Newcastle Gateshead hotel really go look after you. If you have any questions, need anything etc. They are more than happy to help you.
I really enjoyed my overnight experience and if I ever needed to stay overnight in Newcastle again (I am from Sunderland) this would be the hotel I'd pick. 


How to contact me
Twitter
_chloehx_
Instagram

Personal/blog
_chloehx_
New blog Instagram
_chloehx
Email
chloeschoicex@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything 5 pounds lookbook

Everything 5 pounds is an online retailer that sell clothes, shoes, jackets etc all for £5. There are so many choices on the website to pick from. I was given the opportunity to pick 9 items from the website to feature on my blog. With that I've decided to create a lookbook of all of the clothes. I am really happy with them all and ideal to dress either up or down. I decided to pick 7 dresses as they are mainly what I wear and are really versatile. Shoe wise I went with a classic black pair of heels and a black wedge.
For Reference I am 5ft 4 so the length of the dresses will differ on you depending on your height. All the dresses that I ordered are a size 8. All of the dresses are true to size and accurate. Same with the shoes they are true to size.
All the clothes in this post should still be available to buy online. The clothes on Everything 5 pounds tend to go out of stock quickly.
3/4 Sleeve Textured Dress This is one of my favourite dresses that I picked as I love the colour, s…

Estee Lauder Double Wear Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear is my holy grail foundation. I have used it for years and it lasts really well on the skin whilst still giving you that 'flawless' finish. This is my ideal foundation as its full coverage, lasts all day on the skin, looks flawless and is good for shine control. It is also the UK's no 1 foundation.

Claims
15 hour staying power
Flawless all day
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and nonstop activity
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes
Feels lightweight and comfortable
Medium/buildable coverage
SPF 10

Shade Range
There are 29 different shade range available and they are split up into three different categories warm, cool and neutral undertones.
Warm shades:1W1 Bone, 1W2 Sand, 2W1 Dawn, 2W2 Rattan, 3W1 Tawny, 3W2 Cashew, 4W1 Honey Bronze, 4W2 Toasty Coffee, 4W3 Henna, 5W2 Rich Caramel, 6W1 Sandalwood
Cool shades: 1C1 Cool Bone, 2C1 Pure Beige, 2C2 Pale Almond, 2C3 Fresco, 2C4 Ivory Rose, 3C2 Pebble, 4C1 Outdoor Beige, 5C1 …

Max Factor: Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle foundation review

I was kindly sent these products to review
Max Factor is such an iconic brand that has been around for years. I can remember Nana using it and even my Mam. When I got the chance to try out some Max Factor makeup I was really happy (infact I screamed inside) When I opened the package I was really happy with what was inside. The Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle Touch Foundation. Both products claim to smooth the skin textures. Also, these products are advertised on TV and the models skin looks flawless. Anything that claims to make your skin look flawless and smooth I will try. As you all know I love a flawless, smooth and full coverage base.
Smooth Miracle Primer I 'secretly' hoped that this would have been one of the products in the package, as I really wanted to try it out. So when I saw this product I was thrilled. The bottom picture above is the primer using a small pump and on the right (which you can't see) it is blended out. I applied the primer all over my face and I…