Skip to main content

EatDrinkSunerland: Restaurant Week


Last week I was lucky enough to attend Sunderland Restaurant food week preview. I was invited to test out some of the food available at the restaurants. This is in partnership with BID. Restaurant Week starts March 11th and ends March 19th. Whether you like to experiment with trying new foods or a fussy eater (like myself) there is something for everyone, 50 food places are taking part!

The benefits of restaurant food week
Promotes the local area. Sunderland can often be looked over in favour of bigger cities e.g Newcastle. So this is a great chance for Sunderland restaurants to 'show off' exactly what they are capable of.
A choice of 2-3 course meals for affordable prices. These prices range from £5-£15. In my opinion this is a bargain as some restaurants charge that just for a main meal.
You get to try restaurants you wouldn't try normally and try new foods.

Café Purple
Despite the fact I am from Sunderland myself I have never been in Café Purple. I was seriously missing out! Since trying the selection of nibbles and drinks I am a fan.
They offer a selection of nibbles e.g garlic bread, a variety of cheese, ham etc. They also do a wide selection of alcoholic and non alcoholic cocktails. My favourite cocktail is a Blue Lagoon. I always order that drink if it' on the menu as it's really refreshing. We also had shots with cream ontop.
Café Purple is a really good place whether you are after drinks with the girls or fancy a meal out. The staff make you feel really welcome and are lovely.

Royale Thai
I have never tried Thai food before. So I was really interested to try a selection of starter food from Royale Thai. There was plenty of food to try such as: fishcakes, dumplings, golden wraps and spring roles. This place is really cosy and ideal if you want to go out on a date with your partner.  There is also a selection of drinks available for you to pick from.

Café Bistro
 
Cafe Bistro is located in Sunderland College. This restaurant is a training restaurant that offers students a chance to work in a real restaurant environment. This provides them with the experience that they need when they qualify. They are managed by training professionals. The restaurant itself is like any other restaurant experience. Don't be put off because of the trainee chefs as you won't be able to tell the difference. The food is to a high quality standard. If you like the fine dining experience but can't afford or refuse to pay the high price tag. Then I would recommend Cafe Bistro as you get that but for the fraction of the price.

Port of Call
We ended our night at the Port of Call for desert and I wasn't disappointed. What girl doesn't love chocolate cake? This cake tasted amazing and the perfect way to end off a really good evening. Port of Call is a really nice place to go in for drinks and food. Anyone of any age etc will enjoy this place. The staff are really welcoming and friendly. They also offer a really good variety of drinks whether you are after tea or cocktails, they have you covered.

My Overall Opinion
I had a really good night trying out the selection of Restaurants that Sunderland has to offer. If I had to pick my favourite out of the ones I tried it would be Cafe Purple. As I really enjoyed the food and the drinks are delicious. Sunderland Restaurant week has something for everyone. If you are unsure about trying a certain place now is the time to do it. Especially with all of the great offers on.

How to contact me
Twitter
_chloehx_
Instagram
_chloehx_
Email
chloeschoicex@gmail.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything 5 pounds lookbook

Everything 5 pounds is an online retailer that sell clothes, shoes, jackets etc all for £5. There are so many choices on the website to pick from. I was given the opportunity to pick 9 items from the website to feature on my blog. With that I've decided to create a lookbook of all of the clothes. I am really happy with them all and ideal to dress either up or down. I decided to pick 7 dresses as they are mainly what I wear and are really versatile. Shoe wise I went with a classic black pair of heels and a black wedge.
For Reference I am 5ft 4 so the length of the dresses will differ on you depending on your height. All the dresses that I ordered are a size 8. All of the dresses are true to size and accurate. Same with the shoes they are true to size.
All the clothes in this post should still be available to buy online. The clothes on Everything 5 pounds tend to go out of stock quickly.
3/4 Sleeve Textured Dress This is one of my favourite dresses that I picked as I love the colour, s…

Max Factor: Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle foundation review

I was kindly sent these products to review
Max Factor is such an iconic brand that has been around for years. I can remember Nana using it and even my Mam. When I got the chance to try out some Max Factor makeup I was really happy (infact I screamed inside) When I opened the package I was really happy with what was inside. The Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle Touch Foundation. Both products claim to smooth the skin textures. Also, these products are advertised on TV and the models skin looks flawless. Anything that claims to make your skin look flawless and smooth I will try. As you all know I love a flawless, smooth and full coverage base.
Smooth Miracle Primer I 'secretly' hoped that this would have been one of the products in the package, as I really wanted to try it out. So when I saw this product I was thrilled. The bottom picture above is the primer using a small pump and on the right (which you can't see) it is blended out. I applied the primer all over my face and I…

Estee Lauder Double Wear Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear is my holy grail foundation. I have used it for years and it lasts really well on the skin whilst still giving you that 'flawless' finish. This is my ideal foundation as its full coverage, lasts all day on the skin, looks flawless and is good for shine control. It is also the UK's no 1 foundation.

Claims
15 hour staying power
Flawless all day
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and nonstop activity
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes
Feels lightweight and comfortable
Medium/buildable coverage
SPF 10

Shade Range
There are 29 different shade range available and they are split up into three different categories warm, cool and neutral undertones.
Warm shades:1W1 Bone, 1W2 Sand, 2W1 Dawn, 2W2 Rattan, 3W1 Tawny, 3W2 Cashew, 4W1 Honey Bronze, 4W2 Toasty Coffee, 4W3 Henna, 5W2 Rich Caramel, 6W1 Sandalwood
Cool shades: 1C1 Cool Bone, 2C1 Pure Beige, 2C2 Pale Almond, 2C3 Fresco, 2C4 Ivory Rose, 3C2 Pebble, 4C1 Outdoor Beige, 5C1 …