Skip to main content

Rimmel:Brow products review

 I was kindly sent these products to review*

Rimmel is one of my favourite high street brands as the products are really affordable and good quality. I have used Rimmel products for years so I was really happy when I received Rimmel's brow range. Cara Delevingne is a fan and uses the products, let's face it who wouldn't want brows like Cara?
Everyone wants to achieve 'perfect' brows and it can be hard finding brow products that work for you. In this post I will be giving you my opinion on the products, claims, colour range, swatches of the shades and what they look like on the brows.

In the brow swatches pictures I like my brows to look natural but defined at the same time.

Brow This Way
Styling Gel with Argan oil
004 Clear
001 Blonde
002 Medium Brown
003 Dark Brown
Claims
Tapered brush for precise application
Sculpted and defined eyebrows all day
Comfortable lightweight texture

My Opinion
I am a huge fan of brow gels as they are quick and easy to use. They are easy to apply to the brows and you don't have to be precise with your application.

The tapered brush makes the product really easy to apply in a matter of seconds. So if you are in a rush, find it hard to apply brow products or don't like to spend a lot of time on your brows then this product is for you. The tapered brush grabs the hairs on your brows to add volume and set them into place. Using the brush you can build the colour up without having to worry about the product clumping.

The formula is lightweight and you can't feel the gel on your brows once it sets. When you first apply the gel to your brows they feel 'wet' for a few seconds until it dries. When the gel does dry it doesn't feel crispy or hard.

The styling gel is ideal for all weathers whether it be really hot or if its raining heavily. The gel is smudge proof and the colour doesn't fade.

The Styling Gel is a key staple in my makeup bag to use as I reach for the brow gel everyday to set my brows into place.

Colour Range
The colour range I am really impressed with as I can use 3/4 shades. I have bleach blonde hair so when I have no roots the clear and blonde gel suit me best. Depending on whether I just want to set my brows (clear) or add colour to my brows (blonde) When my roots do start coming through (my natural hair colour is dark brown) I use medium brown lightly to add slightly more colour to my brows.
There is something for every one in this shade range.

Brow This Way
Eyebrow Sculpting Kit
002 Medium Brown
003 Dark Brown

Claims
2 easy steps. Apply wax to shape and fix. Layer powder to set
Comes with pro brushes for precise application
Long lasting formula feels lightweight and comfortable all day long

My Opinion
I find this product really easy to use with the applicators it comes with. The spoolie allows you to brush your brows through before and after. The angled brush allows you to have full control of the product placement.

When I use this product I mix the wax and powder together as this gives me the best result. The brow powder and gel allows you to build the product up. So if you are heavy handed like me you don't have to worry about being harsh. As the product is buildable. You can achieve a natural look with this product or a more defined look.

If you feel like you've applied too much brow/gel the spoolie easily brushes the product out to take away the 'harshness'

Colour Range
Both medium brown and dark brown matches me. When I have no roots medium brow suits me best (applied with a light hand) this gives my brows a naturally defined look. Dark Brown matches me when my roots start coming through (applied with a light hand)
These colours are buildable and are versatile.

Brow This Way
Shake filling powder
001 Light Brown
002 Medium Brown
003 Dark Brown
004 Soft Black
Claims
Long lasting
Ultra soft brow filling powder
Doubles up as an eye liner
Line, define and fill for a wow brow

My Opinion
Apart from the brow gels this is my favourite go to product to use as it's go easy to apply. You can define your brows within a couple of minutes with this product. I like my brows to look natural yet defined and this product does that.

The applicator is unique and something I haven't used before. This makes the powder really easy to apply. The sponge is soft which makes it easy for the powder to 'stick'. Because of the size of the applicator it makes it easy to apply the powder quickly. Ideal if you are in a rush or don't like to spend a lot of time doing your makeup in the morning.

The powder is really soft and when you apply it you can't feel the product in your brows. Once it's on the powder is long lasting and doesn't smudge/fade throughout the day.

Colour Range
With this colour range if you have light hair especially you do need to be light handed. As the shades are darker. I use the shade light brown when I have no roots then brush through my brows with a spoolie. When my dark roots come through I can use medium brown very lightly, then comb through with a spoolie.
This colour range there is a colour for everyone to use.

Brow This Way
Eyebrow Pencil
004 Black Brown
001 Dark Brown
002 Hazel
Claims
Fill in gaps or lengthen the arc of the eyebrow for a natural look
Groom and shape brows with the built in brush
Long wear colour that doesn't smudge
Ophthalmologist tested

My Opinion
This pencil is ideal if you want your brows to look natural or to create hair like strokes. The tip is firm which makes it easier to define your brows with.
Once you apply the product it is smudge proof it doesn't move until you decide to remove it. This product is easy to build if you want to create more of a dramatic brow.
I like the fact this product comes with a built in brush to comb through your brows. This makes it easier to see where you need to apply the product.

Colour Range
The colour Hazel suits me best. The colour is versatile when my hair is bleach blonde and when my roots start coming through.
These colours are buildable for a variety of different hair colours.

Brow This Way
Highlighting Pencil
Claims
Lifts and illuminates the brow arch
Highlight your brow bone for added eye impact
Jumbo pencil makes application quick and easy
Soft formula for a smooth application and easy to blend

My Opinion
When it comes to my highlighting under my brow bone this is something I do everyday. Especially as I have hooded eyes, doing this gives the illusion of a lifted eye area.
This pencil is quick and easy to use. The product blends out really nicely aswell.
The colour is perfected for adding definition to your brow bone without being over powering.
With this highlight you can layer the product until you get the desired colour payoff that you like.

Colour Range
This is a universal shade that will look nice on really pale skin tones (like mine) or really dark skin tones.

My Overall opinion on Rimmel's brow this way brow products.
Rimmel have created a really good brow range. There is something for everyone. Whether you like a natural quick easy brow or a more dramatic brow Rimmel has you covered. With these products you can either use them by themselves or mix them e.g brow powder with the brow gel.

How to contact me
Twitter
_chloehx_
Instagram
_chloehx_
Email
chloeschoicex@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything 5 pounds lookbook

Everything 5 pounds is an online retailer that sell clothes, shoes, jackets etc all for £5. There are so many choices on the website to pick from. I was given the opportunity to pick 9 items from the website to feature on my blog. With that I've decided to create a lookbook of all of the clothes. I am really happy with them all and ideal to dress either up or down. I decided to pick 7 dresses as they are mainly what I wear and are really versatile. Shoe wise I went with a classic black pair of heels and a black wedge.
For Reference I am 5ft 4 so the length of the dresses will differ on you depending on your height. All the dresses that I ordered are a size 8. All of the dresses are true to size and accurate. Same with the shoes they are true to size.
All the clothes in this post should still be available to buy online. The clothes on Everything 5 pounds tend to go out of stock quickly.
3/4 Sleeve Textured Dress This is one of my favourite dresses that I picked as I love the colour, s…

Max Factor: Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle foundation review

I was kindly sent these products to review
Max Factor is such an iconic brand that has been around for years. I can remember Nana using it and even my Mam. When I got the chance to try out some Max Factor makeup I was really happy (infact I screamed inside) When I opened the package I was really happy with what was inside. The Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle Touch Foundation. Both products claim to smooth the skin textures. Also, these products are advertised on TV and the models skin looks flawless. Anything that claims to make your skin look flawless and smooth I will try. As you all know I love a flawless, smooth and full coverage base.
Smooth Miracle Primer I 'secretly' hoped that this would have been one of the products in the package, as I really wanted to try it out. So when I saw this product I was thrilled. The bottom picture above is the primer using a small pump and on the right (which you can't see) it is blended out. I applied the primer all over my face and I…

Estee Lauder Double Wear Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear is my holy grail foundation. I have used it for years and it lasts really well on the skin whilst still giving you that 'flawless' finish. This is my ideal foundation as its full coverage, lasts all day on the skin, looks flawless and is good for shine control. It is also the UK's no 1 foundation.

Claims
15 hour staying power
Flawless all day
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and nonstop activity
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes
Feels lightweight and comfortable
Medium/buildable coverage
SPF 10

Shade Range
There are 29 different shade range available and they are split up into three different categories warm, cool and neutral undertones.
Warm shades:1W1 Bone, 1W2 Sand, 2W1 Dawn, 2W2 Rattan, 3W1 Tawny, 3W2 Cashew, 4W1 Honey Bronze, 4W2 Toasty Coffee, 4W3 Henna, 5W2 Rich Caramel, 6W1 Sandalwood
Cool shades: 1C1 Cool Bone, 2C1 Pure Beige, 2C2 Pale Almond, 2C3 Fresco, 2C4 Ivory Rose, 3C2 Pebble, 4C1 Outdoor Beige, 5C1 …