Skip to main content

Mac lipstick collection

I put a poll out on Twitter giving you the option of what blog post you would like to see today. My Mac lipstick collection won the poll. Mac lipsticks are something that I have only recently became 'obsessed' with. I have 9 Mac lipsticks all together with different finishes etc. Some are from the regular Mac lipstick range and the others are limited edition.
I really like Mac lipstick packaging as it looks sleek. The lipsticks also have the iconic Mac smell that doesn't fade over time.

Mac lipstick finishes (the ones that I have within my collection)
Lustre
Sheer (but can be buildable slightly)
Glossy finish
Doesn't wear long on the lips
Frost
Metallic shimmer
Medium opaque (colour can be built up)
Satin
Slight sheen
Less drying on the lips
Good colour payoff on the lips
Amplified
Full colour payoff
Slight sheen
Cremesheen
Not as opaque
Glossy finish
Don't last on the lips very long (so you do need to re apply throughout the day)

Crème D'Nude
Cremesheen
This was the first Mac lipstick I ever bought years ago! I must have been about 14. I bought it as Tanya Burr raved about it in her YouTube videos.
This is a 'concealer lips' shade can anyone else remember when that trend was popular?
I used to wear this lipstick when I was younger to tone down the natural redness within my lips.
Since I've gotten older and learned a lot more about makeup I don't wear this shade anymore. Skin tone nudes don't suit me and this shade is really unflattering on me.

Twig
Satin
This lipstick I never planned on buying infact I never even googled any swatches of it etc. I bought it based on the Mac counter girls recommendation and swatches in store. I originally went to buy Whirl lipstick but that was sold out. Me being obsessed with buying lipstick decided to look for another nude shade. I knew I wanted a brown toned nude as these shades suit me better. When the Mac girl showed me this lipstick I knew I had to buy it. It's the perfect brown toned nude to flatter any skin tones.
This is my favourite nude lipstick to wear, I love it. I use this lipstick quite a lot and its one of my holy grail lipstick shades.

Pink you think?
Frost
This shade is a new addition to my collection. I got this lipstick for Christmas as I wanted a bright pink shade. I have worn this once since Christmas and I really like the way it looks.
This has blue undertones to the lipstick and is perfect if you like a bold lip.
In the summer etc I can see myself getting a lot of wear out of this lipstick.
This is one of the newer lipstick shades Mac have brought out recently.

Up the Amp
Amplified
This is one of Mac's iconic lipstick shades. Lots of YouTubers and bloggers rave about this lipstick. I wanted this as I didn't own a purple lipstick from Mac and I gave in to the hype. I googled swatches of this lipstick and swatched it in store before I bought it. This is such a flattering purple lipstick on. This Is a wearable purple for day time etc.

Rebel
Satin
Rebel is another Mac iconic shade that YouTubers and bloggers rave about. This is one of my favourite Mac shades that I own. In the tube it looks scary as it looks really dark. Once swatched/on the lips you can see it's a lot less scary.
This is one of my most used Mac lipstick and it lasts well on the lips (even with eating and drinking)

Viva Glam Gaga
Lustre
I bought this lipstick years ago for my prom and it's one of my favourites. This shade is a true 'Barbie pink' and is really flattering. The downside to this lipstick is the fact its limited edition, which means I can't buy it again. Instead I 'ration' my use of this lipstick for 'special occasions' as I don't want to run out of it.

Viva Glam Nicki
Satin
This lipstick is a really bold shade and one to wear during the summer. I really like this shade although if you have dry lips you need to exfoliate. As it will make the dryness on your lips obvious. This lipstick is stunning and again I 'ration' how often I use it, so I don't 'run out' of this.

Ellie Goulding
Only You
Cremesheen
This lipstick shade is 'your lips but better'. It wears nicely on the lips but you do need to re apply it after a few hours. If I want a neutral lip colour this is the shade I would wear.

Cinderella collection
Royal Ball Lustre
Can anyone else remember the hype surrounding this Cinderella collection? Everyone was talking about it and waited patiently for it to come online. I was one of those people, I kept refreshing the page waiting for the collection to come online. I managed to get the lipstick that I wanted. I purely bought this lipstick for the packaging as the shade doesn't appeal to me. This was the darker nude out of the 2. I haven't even worn this lipstick, I need to try it over different lip liners. As it's a pretty shade not to wear it.

Top 3 Mac lipsticks
Rebel
Twig
Viva Glam Gaga

My overall opinion on Mac lipsticks
I am a really big fan of Mac lipsticks as they are 'affordable' for a high end lipstick. My Mac lipstick collection will continue to grow. I am now one of those people that buys a Mac lipstick whenever I am near a Mac counter (I just can't help myself!)

What are your favourite Mac lipstick shades?

How to contact me
Twitter
_chloehx_
Instagram
_chloehx_
Email
chloeschoicex@gmail.com

Comments

  1. This collection of lippies are goals.
    So many beautiful shades. I really need some new lipsticks. I was one of the people who voted on your poll so thank you for sharing your MAC lipstick collection with us!

    Looking forward to the next post from you!

    Love
    Charlene McElhinney
    @blogabtnothing1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've wanted to do this post for a while as it's one of my most requested.

      Delete
  2. I need twig it's such a pretty shade!

    Www.coleoftheball.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. Really versatile aswell.

      Delete
  3. I am obsessed with Mac lipsticks as well. Rebel is one I really want to add to my collection. Not sure why I haven't yet to be honest!

    Samantha xo | Blended To Perfection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebel looks like such a 'scary' and unwearable shade but once on the lips it's really wearable.

      Delete
  4. Wow your collection is amazing! You have some lovely shades. My fave Mac lipstick is Taupe but after reading your post I'm going to check out twig and rebel. I love the shade of the Ellie Goulding lipstick. I often reach for the natural colours.

    Thanks for sharing.

    BeauTeagenes
    www.beauteagenes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Taupe is such a pretty shade!

      Delete
  5. Lots of pretty shades, thanks for sharing lovely! xXx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everything 5 pounds lookbook

Everything 5 pounds is an online retailer that sell clothes, shoes, jackets etc all for £5. There are so many choices on the website to pick from. I was given the opportunity to pick 9 items from the website to feature on my blog. With that I've decided to create a lookbook of all of the clothes. I am really happy with them all and ideal to dress either up or down. I decided to pick 7 dresses as they are mainly what I wear and are really versatile. Shoe wise I went with a classic black pair of heels and a black wedge.
For Reference I am 5ft 4 so the length of the dresses will differ on you depending on your height. All the dresses that I ordered are a size 8. All of the dresses are true to size and accurate. Same with the shoes they are true to size.
All the clothes in this post should still be available to buy online. The clothes on Everything 5 pounds tend to go out of stock quickly.
3/4 Sleeve Textured Dress This is one of my favourite dresses that I picked as I love the colour, s…

Max Factor: Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle foundation review

I was kindly sent these products to review
Max Factor is such an iconic brand that has been around for years. I can remember Nana using it and even my Mam. When I got the chance to try out some Max Factor makeup I was really happy (infact I screamed inside) When I opened the package I was really happy with what was inside. The Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle Touch Foundation. Both products claim to smooth the skin textures. Also, these products are advertised on TV and the models skin looks flawless. Anything that claims to make your skin look flawless and smooth I will try. As you all know I love a flawless, smooth and full coverage base.
Smooth Miracle Primer I 'secretly' hoped that this would have been one of the products in the package, as I really wanted to try it out. So when I saw this product I was thrilled. The bottom picture above is the primer using a small pump and on the right (which you can't see) it is blended out. I applied the primer all over my face and I…

Estee Lauder Double Wear Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear is my holy grail foundation. I have used it for years and it lasts really well on the skin whilst still giving you that 'flawless' finish. This is my ideal foundation as its full coverage, lasts all day on the skin, looks flawless and is good for shine control. It is also the UK's no 1 foundation.

Claims
15 hour staying power
Flawless all day
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and nonstop activity
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes
Feels lightweight and comfortable
Medium/buildable coverage
SPF 10

Shade Range
There are 29 different shade range available and they are split up into three different categories warm, cool and neutral undertones.
Warm shades:1W1 Bone, 1W2 Sand, 2W1 Dawn, 2W2 Rattan, 3W1 Tawny, 3W2 Cashew, 4W1 Honey Bronze, 4W2 Toasty Coffee, 4W3 Henna, 5W2 Rich Caramel, 6W1 Sandalwood
Cool shades: 1C1 Cool Bone, 2C1 Pure Beige, 2C2 Pale Almond, 2C3 Fresco, 2C4 Ivory Rose, 3C2 Pebble, 4C1 Outdoor Beige, 5C1 …