Skip to main content

#GetReady with Rimmel

Rimmel kindly sent me these products to review* All opinions are my own

Rimmel is one of my favourite makeup brands on the high street. As the products are affordable and good quality.
I got sent the Scandaleyes Reloaded mascara, Scandaleyes bold eye liner, 2 lipsticks and Magnif'eyes. In this post I will be giving mini reviews about the products and swatches. These products you can use to create either a day makeup look, night makeup look or take your makeup from day to night.

Rimmel Scandaleyes Reloaded mascara
Extreme Black
This is the mascara that I use everyday. I'm really impressed by it as it provides dramatic lashes but easy to remove at the end of the day. I previously reviewed this mascara on my blog here. I talked in depth about the product e.g the brush and formula.
When it comes to mascara I am extremely fussy as I like volumised lashes but separated. My eyes are also sensitive so it can be hard to find one that doesn't irritate my eyes. I have used this mascara since November and I've had to reaction to it. So if you have sensitive eyes like me and are worried about trying new mascaras, this one is good.

Since my first review about this product my opinion on this product hasn't changed. I still really enjoy using this mascara and will continue to keep on using it. When it comes to Rimmel mascaras in general they are good.

Rimmel Scandaleyes Bold
This claims to be a waterproof eye liner and it is. This will last on your lash line all day/night until you decide to remove it with eye makeup remover. It doesn't flake, transfer or fade. These are major benefits to me as the last thing I want to be worrying about is my eye liner. I am really impressed by how black this is. It's a true black and with one swipe you get that colour, which means you don't have to keep layering the product for colour payoff.
If you prefer natural eye liner with a thin line there are other eyeliners in the Rimmel scandaleyes range suited for that. But if you prefer a bold eye liner look then this eye liner caters for you. The ball tip allows you to get a thicker and more dramatic line.

Magnif'eyes contouring palette
003 Grunge Glamour
I own several single eyeshadows from Rimmel and I am really impressed with them. This palette is no different. As soon as I saw this palette I knew I would use it a lot. As my preferred eye makeup look is smoky eyes.
In this palette you get 8 shades which are a mix of matte and shimmer. You can either create a neutral day look with this or go for a dramatic eye look. This palette is the perfect size to put in your handbag for you to transform your eye makeup look from day to night.
As you can see from the swatch above the shades are all pigmented (in the swatches above I used no eye shadow primer and one swipe of the colour) My favourite shades in this palette is the white for highlighting the brow bone and tear duct. The burgundy shade to make a look more dramatic and to add a pop of colour. I have hooded eyes and these eyeshadows don't crease on me.

Kate Moss
15th Anniversary Collection
56 Boho Nude
Nude lipsticks rarely ever impress me as I am really fussy with what shade I like. I prefer brown toned nudes as they are more flattering on me. This lipstick is one of my favourite nude lipsticks. As soon as I swatched it etc it reminded me of Kate Moss lipstick in 03 (which is now discontinued) that was my holy grail nude lipstick. This has taken it's place as the shades are really similar etc.
This lipstick has a satin finish: not too glossy but not too matte either. It wears really nice on the lips and when it does wear off it fades nicely.
I love the packaging of Kate Moss lipsticks in general but the rose gold makes it look a lot more expensive. Kate Moss lipstick range from Rimmel is one of my favourite celebrity collaborations with a brand.

The only 1
810 One of a Kind
Bold lipstick shades I am a fan of in general. You only have to look through my Twitter and Instagram to know that.
This is the perfect shade to take your makeup from day to night. The finish of the lipstick is satin. Unlike other lipsticks I've tried this feels moisturising on the lips and it doesn't dry my lips out. This lasts around 6-8 hours on the lips even with eating and drinking. I will be buying more shades from this range because of the longevity and how pigmented they are.

My Overall Opinion
My reviews about these products is 100% honest. I am really impressed with all of these products, nothing disappointed me. The quality of the lipsticks, mascaras, eyeshadows etc rival some of the higher end brands. For the price of Rimmel products they are budget friendly but good quality. These products are either in my makeup bag or on my desk so I can easily reach for them.

Other posts where I have reviewed Rimmel products

Have you tried any Rimmel products before and if so what do you think of them?

How to contact me
Twitter
_chloehx_
Instagram
_chloehx_
Email
chloeschoicex@gmail.com


Comments

  1. I love the look of this eye shadow palette! I am certainly going to be checking this out when I head into town in a short while! I agree Rimmel products are great quality and good value! They are the ones I head to first when looking for a decent,reliable drug store purchase :)

    Hope you had a lovely New Years,

    BeauTeagenes

    www.beauteagenes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited when I first saw it as those colours I gravitate towards using. You can't really go wrong with Rimmel products.

      Thank you! I hope you have aswell

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everything 5 pounds lookbook

Everything 5 pounds is an online retailer that sell clothes, shoes, jackets etc all for £5. There are so many choices on the website to pick from. I was given the opportunity to pick 9 items from the website to feature on my blog. With that I've decided to create a lookbook of all of the clothes. I am really happy with them all and ideal to dress either up or down. I decided to pick 7 dresses as they are mainly what I wear and are really versatile. Shoe wise I went with a classic black pair of heels and a black wedge.
For Reference I am 5ft 4 so the length of the dresses will differ on you depending on your height. All the dresses that I ordered are a size 8. All of the dresses are true to size and accurate. Same with the shoes they are true to size.
All the clothes in this post should still be available to buy online. The clothes on Everything 5 pounds tend to go out of stock quickly.
3/4 Sleeve Textured Dress This is one of my favourite dresses that I picked as I love the colour, s…

Estee Lauder Double Wear Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear is my holy grail foundation. I have used it for years and it lasts really well on the skin whilst still giving you that 'flawless' finish. This is my ideal foundation as its full coverage, lasts all day on the skin, looks flawless and is good for shine control. It is also the UK's no 1 foundation.

Claims
15 hour staying power
Flawless all day
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and nonstop activity
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes
Feels lightweight and comfortable
Medium/buildable coverage
SPF 10

Shade Range
There are 29 different shade range available and they are split up into three different categories warm, cool and neutral undertones.
Warm shades:1W1 Bone, 1W2 Sand, 2W1 Dawn, 2W2 Rattan, 3W1 Tawny, 3W2 Cashew, 4W1 Honey Bronze, 4W2 Toasty Coffee, 4W3 Henna, 5W2 Rich Caramel, 6W1 Sandalwood
Cool shades: 1C1 Cool Bone, 2C1 Pure Beige, 2C2 Pale Almond, 2C3 Fresco, 2C4 Ivory Rose, 3C2 Pebble, 4C1 Outdoor Beige, 5C1 …

Max Factor: Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle foundation review

I was kindly sent these products to review
Max Factor is such an iconic brand that has been around for years. I can remember Nana using it and even my Mam. When I got the chance to try out some Max Factor makeup I was really happy (infact I screamed inside) When I opened the package I was really happy with what was inside. The Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle Touch Foundation. Both products claim to smooth the skin textures. Also, these products are advertised on TV and the models skin looks flawless. Anything that claims to make your skin look flawless and smooth I will try. As you all know I love a flawless, smooth and full coverage base.
Smooth Miracle Primer I 'secretly' hoped that this would have been one of the products in the package, as I really wanted to try it out. So when I saw this product I was thrilled. The bottom picture above is the primer using a small pump and on the right (which you can't see) it is blended out. I applied the primer all over my face and I…