Skip to main content

Rubs Smoke House cocktail event


On Monday night I went to Rubs Smoke house cocktail event. Laura from Ellefluence organised this event. As with any Ellefluence event you knew it was going to be a good night as they always are.

Rub Smoke house has just recently opened at Newcastle which is in 'The Gate'. They have other chains in Nottingham and Birmingham.

Before the event I met up with some other bloggers we arranged this on Twitter. As we never wanted to go alone. The North East blogging community is one of the nicest communities to be apart of. Everyone is really lovely and friendly.

The Event
The event was really organised and it was clear what was going to happen throughout the night. The event started at 6pm and finished at 9pm.

Outside the event Ellefluence took a group photo of all the bloggers that attended. Then as we went in Rubs Smoke house we were welcomed with a cocktail and then proceeded to get our photo's taken by Laura Pearman.
After this we all made our way over to the cocktail area. We had to sit in groups of 6. This was because throughout the night we would be taking part in cocktail challenges.
I sat on a table with these lovely bloggers
Mimi from mimi04world 
Nicola from Geordiekisses
Lorna from Loochiee
Pixie from FashionVoyeur
Toni from Fashprenuer

The cocktail challenges

There were 5 rounds each round had a different theme e.g the classic cocktail etc. Each person had to make a cocktail. Each team had to compete against each other for points. The winning team of each round would get 5 points and the losing team had to drink a shot.
We were given team names e.g colours. The team I was on was the 'White Team'

During the rounds we got to make and sample different cocktails. This was ideal for me as normally I don't tend to try new cocktails. This was the ideal opportunity for me to try new ones.

The Cocktails

Here is an action shot of me making a cocktail
Pixie took these photos of me

A rare shot of me actually smiling (shock!) I was actually trying really hard at making this. As long as the cocktail I made never came last I was happy ( can you tell I'm slightly competitive)

Ready, steady, cocktail
The final round we as a group had to make our own cocktail. We were given these ingredients and we had to come up with a cocktail.

This is what we came up with
This is the end result we wanted our cocktail to look Christmassy.

Food Provided
Not only was there cocktails but Rub Smoke house also provided us with food for the night. There was plenty of choice for vegetarians, vegans etc so nobody's food needs were left out.

Cocktail of our choice
Not only did we try lots of cocktails but they also asked if we wanted a cocktail of our choice.
I decided on a Blue Lagoon as this is my favourite cocktail. It's really refreshing and tastes like pop.

Makeup and OOTN that I wore to the event
For makeup I went Glam for a glam full coverage makeup look. This is the type of makeup that I really like and I enjoy wearing it.

Eyes:
Touch of Sol Metallist liquid foil and glitter: Margaret
Lips:
Essence lip liner Honey Berry
Mac Rebel lipstick

If you have any other questions on any of my makeup then let me know.

For my outfit as it was a night event in a bar/restaurant I wanted to look dressy

Jacket: Select
Dress: H&M
Tights: Primark
Boots: Ego official
Bag: Koko Couture
Necklace: Butler & Wilson
Rings: Pandora
Bracelets: Pandora

What we got after the event
After the event we got given a brownie. Which I have already eaten now, it was delicious.
As my team won out of all the groups we also got given a t-shirt.

My Overall opinion of the event
I really enjoyed this event. Who wouldn't enjoy sampling lots of different cocktails and chatting with people. There were so many new bloggers there so it was a really good chance to meet new people.
Laura done an amazing job with this event. Her and Laura Pearman are two of the nicest people, very welcoming and approachable.
Rubs Smoke house is a definite visit if you have one near you. The food is really nice and the cocktails are amazing!
I'm really glad that I attended the event as I had a good night.

How to contact me
Twitter
_chloehx_
Instagram
_chloehx_
Email
chloeschoicex@gmail.com

Comments

  1. Chloe your posts always make me smile. Those cocktails look fab glad you had a lush night xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The cocktails were amazing xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everything 5 pounds lookbook

Everything 5 pounds is an online retailer that sell clothes, shoes, jackets etc all for £5. There are so many choices on the website to pick from. I was given the opportunity to pick 9 items from the website to feature on my blog. With that I've decided to create a lookbook of all of the clothes. I am really happy with them all and ideal to dress either up or down. I decided to pick 7 dresses as they are mainly what I wear and are really versatile. Shoe wise I went with a classic black pair of heels and a black wedge.
For Reference I am 5ft 4 so the length of the dresses will differ on you depending on your height. All the dresses that I ordered are a size 8. All of the dresses are true to size and accurate. Same with the shoes they are true to size.
All the clothes in this post should still be available to buy online. The clothes on Everything 5 pounds tend to go out of stock quickly.
3/4 Sleeve Textured Dress This is one of my favourite dresses that I picked as I love the colour, s…

Max Factor: Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle foundation review

I was kindly sent these products to review
Max Factor is such an iconic brand that has been around for years. I can remember Nana using it and even my Mam. When I got the chance to try out some Max Factor makeup I was really happy (infact I screamed inside) When I opened the package I was really happy with what was inside. The Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle Touch Foundation. Both products claim to smooth the skin textures. Also, these products are advertised on TV and the models skin looks flawless. Anything that claims to make your skin look flawless and smooth I will try. As you all know I love a flawless, smooth and full coverage base.
Smooth Miracle Primer I 'secretly' hoped that this would have been one of the products in the package, as I really wanted to try it out. So when I saw this product I was thrilled. The bottom picture above is the primer using a small pump and on the right (which you can't see) it is blended out. I applied the primer all over my face and I…

Estee Lauder Double Wear Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear is my holy grail foundation. I have used it for years and it lasts really well on the skin whilst still giving you that 'flawless' finish. This is my ideal foundation as its full coverage, lasts all day on the skin, looks flawless and is good for shine control. It is also the UK's no 1 foundation.

Claims
15 hour staying power
Flawless all day
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and nonstop activity
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes
Feels lightweight and comfortable
Medium/buildable coverage
SPF 10

Shade Range
There are 29 different shade range available and they are split up into three different categories warm, cool and neutral undertones.
Warm shades:1W1 Bone, 1W2 Sand, 2W1 Dawn, 2W2 Rattan, 3W1 Tawny, 3W2 Cashew, 4W1 Honey Bronze, 4W2 Toasty Coffee, 4W3 Henna, 5W2 Rich Caramel, 6W1 Sandalwood
Cool shades: 1C1 Cool Bone, 2C1 Pure Beige, 2C2 Pale Almond, 2C3 Fresco, 2C4 Ivory Rose, 3C2 Pebble, 4C1 Outdoor Beige, 5C1 …