Skip to main content

Rimmel The Only 1 Matte lipstick review & swatches

I was kindly sent these lipsticks to review

Lipsticks I am obsessed with, I love lipsticks and I own over 100 of them. They can transform the way your makeup looks and make you look 'put together'. Rimmel kindly sent me the full range of the new matte lipstick collection. In this post I will be including pictures of the lipstick, lip swatches, swatches on my hand and my overall opinion.

Matte lipsticks have been hugely popular recently as more people prefer a matte lip look rather than glossy etc. I have used Rimmel lipsticks in the past and have been impressed. So you can imagine how happy I was when I opened my parcel and saw all these.

In the Rimmel The only 1 matte lipstick range there is a shade to suit everyone. Whether you prefer a nude lip, a neutral lip or a bold lip. Rimmel has your lipstick needs covered. At £6.99 they are affordable to buy multiple of shades.

The packaging
The packaging I am really impressed with especially for high street. As it feels and looks more expensive then it actually is.
The classic red packaging is a very 'Rimmel colour' which suits with the other makeup items in the range.
I really like how the packing is matte which suits the name of the lipstick range. I haven't noticed any other high street makeup brand do this.
I also like the added touch of a stripe around the bottom of the lipstick of the shade. This is a true representation of the lipstick shade.

Lip Swatches
In this post I have included lip swatches. Lipstick colour can look different on each persons lips as nobody has the exact same natural lip colour. My natural lip shade is quite pink, in these swatches I lightly applied foundation to tone down my natural lip colour.
Also, I am aware my top lip is uneven normally I use lip liner but in these photo's I didn't.
I applied the lipstick straight from the bullet in natural day lighting.

810 The Matte Factor

750 Look who's talking
500 Take the Stage
120 Call the Shots
800 Run the Show
100 Leader of the Pink
610 High Flyer
200 Salute
700 Trendsetter

Swatches on my arm
I am extremely pale, these are the lip swatches on my arm. In my opinion this gives a more accurate representation of the colour.
Lipstick shades in order (Left to Right)
110 Leader of the Pink
120 Call the Shots
200 Salute
500 Take the Stage
610 High Flyer
700 Trendsetter
750 Look who's Talking
800 Run the Show
810 The Matte factor

Longevity
This lipstick lasted about 5 hours on my lips. This includes eating and drinking.

My Favourite shades from the range
When it comes to lipstick I am definitely a bold lip person. I tend to stay away from nude shades as they don't really suit me unless they are a brown nude.
1) 800 Run the show
2) The Matte factor
3) 500 Take the Stage

My Overall opinion
When you think of matte lipsticks you expect them to be drying but these aren't. When you apply them on your lips they feel creamy and smooth. If you have very dry lips you may need to exfoliate and apply a lip balm before. But I found with these I never needed to do this.
For £6.99 I am really impressed with these shades as they are comfortable to wear on your lips, long lasting and they don't drag when you apply them.

How to contact me
Twitter
_chloehx_
Instagram
_chloehx_
Email
chloeschoicex@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything 5 pounds lookbook

Everything 5 pounds is an online retailer that sell clothes, shoes, jackets etc all for £5. There are so many choices on the website to pick from. I was given the opportunity to pick 9 items from the website to feature on my blog. With that I've decided to create a lookbook of all of the clothes. I am really happy with them all and ideal to dress either up or down. I decided to pick 7 dresses as they are mainly what I wear and are really versatile. Shoe wise I went with a classic black pair of heels and a black wedge.
For Reference I am 5ft 4 so the length of the dresses will differ on you depending on your height. All the dresses that I ordered are a size 8. All of the dresses are true to size and accurate. Same with the shoes they are true to size.
All the clothes in this post should still be available to buy online. The clothes on Everything 5 pounds tend to go out of stock quickly.
3/4 Sleeve Textured Dress This is one of my favourite dresses that I picked as I love the colour, s…

Estee Lauder Double Wear Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear is my holy grail foundation. I have used it for years and it lasts really well on the skin whilst still giving you that 'flawless' finish. This is my ideal foundation as its full coverage, lasts all day on the skin, looks flawless and is good for shine control. It is also the UK's no 1 foundation.

Claims
15 hour staying power
Flawless all day
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and nonstop activity
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes
Feels lightweight and comfortable
Medium/buildable coverage
SPF 10

Shade Range
There are 29 different shade range available and they are split up into three different categories warm, cool and neutral undertones.
Warm shades:1W1 Bone, 1W2 Sand, 2W1 Dawn, 2W2 Rattan, 3W1 Tawny, 3W2 Cashew, 4W1 Honey Bronze, 4W2 Toasty Coffee, 4W3 Henna, 5W2 Rich Caramel, 6W1 Sandalwood
Cool shades: 1C1 Cool Bone, 2C1 Pure Beige, 2C2 Pale Almond, 2C3 Fresco, 2C4 Ivory Rose, 3C2 Pebble, 4C1 Outdoor Beige, 5C1 …

Max Factor: Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle foundation review

I was kindly sent these products to review
Max Factor is such an iconic brand that has been around for years. I can remember Nana using it and even my Mam. When I got the chance to try out some Max Factor makeup I was really happy (infact I screamed inside) When I opened the package I was really happy with what was inside. The Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle Touch Foundation. Both products claim to smooth the skin textures. Also, these products are advertised on TV and the models skin looks flawless. Anything that claims to make your skin look flawless and smooth I will try. As you all know I love a flawless, smooth and full coverage base.
Smooth Miracle Primer I 'secretly' hoped that this would have been one of the products in the package, as I really wanted to try it out. So when I saw this product I was thrilled. The bottom picture above is the primer using a small pump and on the right (which you can't see) it is blended out. I applied the primer all over my face and I…