Skip to main content

Max Factor: Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle foundation review

I was kindly sent these products to review

Max Factor is such an iconic brand that has been around for years. I can remember Nana using it and even my Mam. When I got the chance to try out some Max Factor makeup I was really happy (infact I screamed inside)
When I opened the package I was really happy with what was inside. The Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle Touch Foundation. Both products claim to smooth the skin textures. Also, these products are advertised on TV and the models skin looks flawless. Anything that claims to make your skin look flawless and smooth I will try. As you all know I love a flawless, smooth and full coverage base.

Smooth Miracle Primer
I 'secretly' hoped that this would have been one of the products in the package, as I really wanted to try it out. So when I saw this product I was thrilled.
The bottom picture above is the primer using a small pump and on the right (which you can't see) it is blended out.
I applied the primer all over my face and I blended it out with my fingers. The primer makes your skin feel a lot smoother which is ideal for foundation application. I only used a small amount as it goes along way. I have fine lines around my eyes and pores on my nose this product disguised the appearance of them. My skin is very sensitive and this primer doesn't cause my skin to break out etc. This is a firm favourite in my makeup bag. Before I got this primer I used to use Smashbox Photo finish but this primer has replaced that one.

Miracle Foundation Review
 
 
This foundation has been advertised a lot on tv. I was excited to try this product, as I've never tried a foundation product like this before. It also claims to be full coverage which as you know I love full coverage foundations.  The shade I got sent was Natural 070 (there are paler shades in the range) even though this foundation is too dark for me I managed to make it work. By blending it down onto my neck and used a translucent powder.
The foundation comes with a sponge in the top of the lid. I never applied my foundation with the sponge purely because I prefer the finish of a stippling brush. This foundation applied really easily and glided onto the skin. I also found this foundation really easy to blend within seconds. It hide all the redness on my cheeks etc and blemishes. I only had to use a small amount of the foundation in order to achieve a full coverage finish. This foundation doesn't cling to any dry patches or settle into fine lines etc.
The finish of this foundation is semi matte. I really like this foundation as it does match it's claims: it is full coverage and it does make your skin look smooth.
I never had to touch up at all during the day with this product but it's compact friendly just to carry in your handbag etc.

How my skin looked after I applied the primer and foundation
This is how my base makeup looked using the primer and foundation. I haven't edited the photo at all or used any filters. My skin does looks smooth and more flawless.

My Overall Opinion on the products
Overall, I am really impressed with both of the products. If the foundation was in my correct shade it would be a staple in my makeup bag. The primer I absolutely love as it makes my foundation glide on really smoothly and increases the longevity of makeup.
These products can either be used together or separately and they work just as well. I am really happy I got the chance to try out these products and I haven't been disappointed at all.

How to contact me
Twitter
_chloehx_
Instagram
_chloehx_
Email
chloeschoicex@gmail.com

Have you tried Max Factor makeup before? If so what do you think of it? If not is there anything you would like to try from the brand?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything 5 pounds lookbook

Everything 5 pounds is an online retailer that sell clothes, shoes, jackets etc all for £5. There are so many choices on the website to pick from. I was given the opportunity to pick 9 items from the website to feature on my blog. With that I've decided to create a lookbook of all of the clothes. I am really happy with them all and ideal to dress either up or down. I decided to pick 7 dresses as they are mainly what I wear and are really versatile. Shoe wise I went with a classic black pair of heels and a black wedge.
For Reference I am 5ft 4 so the length of the dresses will differ on you depending on your height. All the dresses that I ordered are a size 8. All of the dresses are true to size and accurate. Same with the shoes they are true to size.
All the clothes in this post should still be available to buy online. The clothes on Everything 5 pounds tend to go out of stock quickly.
3/4 Sleeve Textured Dress This is one of my favourite dresses that I picked as I love the colour, s…

Estee Lauder Double Wear Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear is my holy grail foundation. I have used it for years and it lasts really well on the skin whilst still giving you that 'flawless' finish. This is my ideal foundation as its full coverage, lasts all day on the skin, looks flawless and is good for shine control. It is also the UK's no 1 foundation.

Claims
15 hour staying power
Flawless all day
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and nonstop activity
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes
Feels lightweight and comfortable
Medium/buildable coverage
SPF 10

Shade Range
There are 29 different shade range available and they are split up into three different categories warm, cool and neutral undertones.
Warm shades:1W1 Bone, 1W2 Sand, 2W1 Dawn, 2W2 Rattan, 3W1 Tawny, 3W2 Cashew, 4W1 Honey Bronze, 4W2 Toasty Coffee, 4W3 Henna, 5W2 Rich Caramel, 6W1 Sandalwood
Cool shades: 1C1 Cool Bone, 2C1 Pure Beige, 2C2 Pale Almond, 2C3 Fresco, 2C4 Ivory Rose, 3C2 Pebble, 4C1 Outdoor Beige, 5C1 …