Skip to main content

My Makeup Story tag


When Paige tagged me to do this tag I was really interested in doing it. As I'm obsessed (obviously) with makeup. I just love everything about it. When I'm not wearing makeup no doubt I'm blogging or talking about it.
The questions in this tag really makes me think of how far my makeup 'journey' has come. Gone are the days of having an orange face with concealer lips (unless you are into that sort of look). That has now been replaced with the correct shade of foundation and the right nude lipstick.
The 14 year olds now never have to go through the orange face with the blue eyeshadow phrase.

How old were you when you first started wearing makeup?
I think I was 13? I started wearing makeup when I started secondary school (year 7). It wasn't a lot of makeup at all. Infact I only used Collection pressed powder in the shade '24 Misty Beige'.... Yes I can still remember that as I was really pale and that powder on me made me look orange. I used to apply it with a brush then with a towel 'pat' my face to make it less noticeable. Needless to say the towel turned orange. I used that powder as a powder foundation and it made me feel good wearing it.
When I was 13 I was very much a 'natural' makeup sort of girl. At that age I hated wearing mascara as I never liked the feeling of it on my eyes.
I also used to wear a pink lipstick on 'special occasions' such as parties. I think it was a 17 lipstick called 'Poncho Pink'

How did you get into makeup?
On special occasions my Mam used to apply a little amount of makeup on me e.g a light colour eyeshadow and pink lipstick. Then when I was about 13 I discovered there was a beauty community on YouTube. I can't remember how exactly I found it but then I did. Back then I literally only used to watch JuicyStar07 and lollipop26. I can remember been fascinated with all the makeup they used to show.
As my interest in makeup grew I looked more into YouTube to learn how to apply makeup etc.
That's how my makeup interest/addiction began.

What are some of your favourite brands?
This is such a hard question as I really like so many brands.
High street:
Essence - If you haven't tried any makeup from them I would highly recommend looking at the range they do. They are really affordable and the products are amazing. My 'stand out' products are the lip liners and eyeshadows.
Collection - One of the first makeup brands I ever used and I still continue to use the makeup. The products are really good, affordable and amazing pigmentation. My 'stand out' products lasting perfection concealer and lasting perfection foundation (reminds me of Estee Lauder double wear)
High end:
Estee Lauder - If I could only use one makeup brand for the rest of my life it would be them. I am a huge fan and always will be. Estee Lauder double wear foundation was my first ever high end purchase. Everything I have tried from Estee Lauder I have loved. My 'stand out' products double wear foundation and high cover concealer.
Urban Decay - They are one of the most affordable high end brands. They do a wide variety of different colour products. There is something for everyone to try. My 'stand out' products Naked Smokey and Vice lipsticks.

What does makeup mean to you?
Makeup makes me feel 'good' about myself and I enjoy everything about it.
I feel good applying makeup as I love the whole process of deciding what products to use and what look to create.
Makeup allows me to be creative and to express 'me' through my makeup. Whether I want to create a girly look, natural look or full on glam makeup.
Makeup makes me feel confident and 'ready to take on' day to day challenges/tasks.
Sounds stupid but does anything else have this effect? I think not.

If you could only wear 4 products on your face, what would they be?
Foundation - Estee Lauder double wear. It is my holy grail
Bronzer - Urban Decay beached bronzer as I could also use this as an eyeshadow aswell
Eyeliner - Maybelline 24 hour gel eye liner. I could also use this as mascara aswell if I 'combed' it through my lashes
Lipstick - Urban Decay Anarchy. This is one of my favourite lipstick shades to wear.

What is your favourite thing about makeup?
I really like how I can express who I am through my makeup. Its like an extension of who you are as a person.
 I also like how it makes me feel good about myself and how confident I feel when I wear it.

What do you think of Drugstore VS High end makeup?
High Street makeup is improving a lot over recent years the brands are seriously catching up with high end brands. Some high street makeup is better than or just as good as high end makeup.
High Street makeup I really like and a fan of as you can buy it without having a ' I can't believe I have just spent that amount on makeup' or 'can I justify buying this'.
High End makeup is a total luxurious purchase and it does make you feel better when you apply it (or is that just me) there is nothing better than pulling out your favourite high end lipstick on a night out etc. When it comes to high end makeup its worth doing plenty of research before you buy a product.

What is one tip you would give to a beginner?
Find the right shade of foundation. Don't buy a darker foundation because you want to look tanned. If you do want to look tanned then use a bronzer.
When finding the right foundation high end makeup counters such as Estee Lauder and Dior have a machine that 'detects' your skintone to find the right foundation shade for you.
In a 'drugstore' select 3 foundation shades that you think will suit you and swatch them on your chin next to each other. As your face should always match the colour of your neck/chest.
By swatching the shades on your chin it allows you to see what colour is the best shade for you and it's more accurate. If you swatch foundation on your hand you may end up with the wrong shade. As your hands tend to be a different shade from your face/neck.

What is one makeup trend you never understood?
Bubble eye liner. That was all over my newsfeed for ages. I never understood that trend at all. It's not something I would try as it's not my style nor would it suit my eye shape (I have hooded eyes)

What do you think of the beauty community on YouTube?
I am not a YouTuber so I can't really comment on that. But as a viewer I feel like the beauty community has an 'it' crowd where if you aren't in it you don't have the same opportunities etc as other people.



How to contact me
Twitter
_chloehx_
Instagram
_chloehx_
Email
chloeschoicex@gmail.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything 5 pounds lookbook

Everything 5 pounds is an online retailer that sell clothes, shoes, jackets etc all for £5. There are so many choices on the website to pick from. I was given the opportunity to pick 9 items from the website to feature on my blog. With that I've decided to create a lookbook of all of the clothes. I am really happy with them all and ideal to dress either up or down. I decided to pick 7 dresses as they are mainly what I wear and are really versatile. Shoe wise I went with a classic black pair of heels and a black wedge.
For Reference I am 5ft 4 so the length of the dresses will differ on you depending on your height. All the dresses that I ordered are a size 8. All of the dresses are true to size and accurate. Same with the shoes they are true to size.
All the clothes in this post should still be available to buy online. The clothes on Everything 5 pounds tend to go out of stock quickly.
3/4 Sleeve Textured Dress This is one of my favourite dresses that I picked as I love the colour, s…

Estee Lauder Double Wear Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear is my holy grail foundation. I have used it for years and it lasts really well on the skin whilst still giving you that 'flawless' finish. This is my ideal foundation as its full coverage, lasts all day on the skin, looks flawless and is good for shine control. It is also the UK's no 1 foundation.

Claims
15 hour staying power
Flawless all day
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and nonstop activity
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes
Feels lightweight and comfortable
Medium/buildable coverage
SPF 10

Shade Range
There are 29 different shade range available and they are split up into three different categories warm, cool and neutral undertones.
Warm shades:1W1 Bone, 1W2 Sand, 2W1 Dawn, 2W2 Rattan, 3W1 Tawny, 3W2 Cashew, 4W1 Honey Bronze, 4W2 Toasty Coffee, 4W3 Henna, 5W2 Rich Caramel, 6W1 Sandalwood
Cool shades: 1C1 Cool Bone, 2C1 Pure Beige, 2C2 Pale Almond, 2C3 Fresco, 2C4 Ivory Rose, 3C2 Pebble, 4C1 Outdoor Beige, 5C1 …

Max Factor: Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle foundation review

I was kindly sent these products to review
Max Factor is such an iconic brand that has been around for years. I can remember Nana using it and even my Mam. When I got the chance to try out some Max Factor makeup I was really happy (infact I screamed inside) When I opened the package I was really happy with what was inside. The Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle Touch Foundation. Both products claim to smooth the skin textures. Also, these products are advertised on TV and the models skin looks flawless. Anything that claims to make your skin look flawless and smooth I will try. As you all know I love a flawless, smooth and full coverage base.
Smooth Miracle Primer I 'secretly' hoped that this would have been one of the products in the package, as I really wanted to try it out. So when I saw this product I was thrilled. The bottom picture above is the primer using a small pump and on the right (which you can't see) it is blended out. I applied the primer all over my face and I…