Skip to main content

Vlogging on Snapchat


Snapchat is something I never thought I would download simply because I hated the idea of having to 'add' my contacts in order to use it. But I found a way to get Snapchat without having my number. Once I done this I was addicted to Snapchat.
I like the idea of Snapchat about how social it is and how you can get to know other bloggers better etc.
Vlogging is hugely popular within the YouTube community and that has transferred onto Snapchat as another vlogging plaform.
I took the 'plunge' to finally download and vlog on Snapchat after reading Leah's post which really encouraged me to do it. So thank you to Leah and she was so lovely answering what felt like a million questions I had for her.

When I first downloaded Snapchat I was really nervous about what people would think, what I would vlog about, what I look like, the sound of my voice and whether people would actually watch. Now I am more than happy to go on Snapchat makeup free, hair looking a mess without caring what other people think.
If you have added me on Snapchat you know that I like to talk a lot on there and I regularly share my makeup looks/routines with you all etc. I also talk about my favourite products, things I'm not really liking, blogger mail and hauls.

Don't add your contacts and don't make your username public so people in 'real life' can't add you
This is probably why people think I am so confident on Snapchat (even though I don't feel it) I made the decision not to make my snapchat public incase anyone in 'real life' tried to add me and that's why I never allowed snapchat to have access to my phone contacts.
You'll be amazed how much better you feel vlogging on snapchat because of this. As you know who exactly has added you.
What I do in tweets etc is to tweet 'Fav for my Snapchat' or 'just ask me for it' that way people can still add me on Snapchat.
Also when it comes to people in real life adding me I have allowed my close friends and bloggers from my uni.
Then if you feel confident enough then make your Snapchat user name public. Maybe one day I will do this...who knows?

Watch other people on Snapchat
This really helps and makes vlogging seem like a really normal thing to do. Watching other confident people on Snapchat really helps you to be confident. It also shows anyone can vlog about anything.

Vlog on your own at first at home to build up confidence
If you feel self conscious start by vlogging on your own at first. This way if you make a mistake, get nervous or feel awkward nobody is there to witness this happening.  Also on your own you can talk as loudly as you want without worrying will anyone hear you.

Once you feel confident about vlogging on your own. Try to expand where you vlog
I can quite easily vlog with my parents around. I explained to them exactly what I am doing and who will be able to watch. At first they found it funny and thought what the hell am I doing. But once they got used to me vlogging around them its now 'normal' for me to do and it doesn't bother them anymore. As a result of this I can vlog away as much as I want.
I don't really include them in vlogs as they hate to be on vlogs which is totally fine.
Vlog around people you know are understanding of what you do and why you are doing it.

If you hate the sound of your own voice don't watch Snapchats back
I hate the sound of my own voice so much as I sound really common etc. When I do listen to my snaps back I feel like deleting them or not posting as I sound 'weird'. So instead I simply don't listen to them back. Once I've recorded a vlog I post it. I don't listen to it back at all. If I decide to watch it back it's on mute so I can't hear my voice.

Vlogging really helps to connect more with other bloggers and your audience
This allows people to see the 'real' you the person behind the blog and all the social media accounts. Because of Snapchat I feel as if I know other bloggers 'better'.
I have also found snapchat has helped me to be more interactive on Twitter as snaps on snapchat has ended up a conversation on Twitter.

If you want to do YouTube but are nervous Snapchat is a good way to build up confidence
I feel abit hypocritical saying this as I would never do YouTube but Snapchat is a good way of knowing whether you like talking on camera or not. It's also a good transition from making snapchat makeup videos to making makeup videos on YouTube.

On Twitter I asked other bloggers what they think about vlogging on Snapchat. This is what they've said
"I love watching mini vlogs on snapchat because it's a then and there' moment and keeps you updated on others lives!" TouchOfGucci
"I love it! I feel like it gives a mini insight into someone's day. Maybe the things you don't see in a vlog" Daniella from FreshlyPressedBeauty
"I really like it" Amy from HookedOnTheMusic
"I think it's a different way to get to know somebody in a way that you may not have been able to before" Hannah from TheHannahLouise
"I love it as its so much quicker than doing full on vlogs on YouTube that you then have to edit" Leah from DevotedToPink
"It depends on the length, if it's too long I have been known to skip through without properly watching" Tanya from GlamGlitzGloss
"I love seeing mini clips of people's day" I'm not a fan of it if it's too long however" Della from DellaLovesNutella
"I think it's a great stepping some to YT, plus it's not edited and you see more personality!" Beth from MissCosmeticBlogger

How to contact me
Twitter
_chloehx_
Instagram
_chloehx_
Email
chloeschoicex@gmail.com
Snapchat
Ask me for my snapchat user name (on Twitter as I'm basically on Twitter 24/7) and I'll tell you in a message.

Comments

  1. I never really vlog on snapchat, for the reason that I am friends with people from real life. I would definitely like to broaden my horizons and add more bloggers on snap chat and interact more! Great tips for beginners though!

    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I made my snapchat name private so people in 'real life' can't add me. If they did I probably wouldn't talk etc on it. Thank you :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everything 5 pounds lookbook

Everything 5 pounds is an online retailer that sell clothes, shoes, jackets etc all for £5. There are so many choices on the website to pick from. I was given the opportunity to pick 9 items from the website to feature on my blog. With that I've decided to create a lookbook of all of the clothes. I am really happy with them all and ideal to dress either up or down. I decided to pick 7 dresses as they are mainly what I wear and are really versatile. Shoe wise I went with a classic black pair of heels and a black wedge.
For Reference I am 5ft 4 so the length of the dresses will differ on you depending on your height. All the dresses that I ordered are a size 8. All of the dresses are true to size and accurate. Same with the shoes they are true to size.
All the clothes in this post should still be available to buy online. The clothes on Everything 5 pounds tend to go out of stock quickly.
3/4 Sleeve Textured Dress This is one of my favourite dresses that I picked as I love the colour, s…

Max Factor: Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle foundation review

I was kindly sent these products to review
Max Factor is such an iconic brand that has been around for years. I can remember Nana using it and even my Mam. When I got the chance to try out some Max Factor makeup I was really happy (infact I screamed inside) When I opened the package I was really happy with what was inside. The Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle Touch Foundation. Both products claim to smooth the skin textures. Also, these products are advertised on TV and the models skin looks flawless. Anything that claims to make your skin look flawless and smooth I will try. As you all know I love a flawless, smooth and full coverage base.
Smooth Miracle Primer I 'secretly' hoped that this would have been one of the products in the package, as I really wanted to try it out. So when I saw this product I was thrilled. The bottom picture above is the primer using a small pump and on the right (which you can't see) it is blended out. I applied the primer all over my face and I…

Estee Lauder Double Wear Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear is my holy grail foundation. I have used it for years and it lasts really well on the skin whilst still giving you that 'flawless' finish. This is my ideal foundation as its full coverage, lasts all day on the skin, looks flawless and is good for shine control. It is also the UK's no 1 foundation.

Claims
15 hour staying power
Flawless all day
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and nonstop activity
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes
Feels lightweight and comfortable
Medium/buildable coverage
SPF 10

Shade Range
There are 29 different shade range available and they are split up into three different categories warm, cool and neutral undertones.
Warm shades:1W1 Bone, 1W2 Sand, 2W1 Dawn, 2W2 Rattan, 3W1 Tawny, 3W2 Cashew, 4W1 Honey Bronze, 4W2 Toasty Coffee, 4W3 Henna, 5W2 Rich Caramel, 6W1 Sandalwood
Cool shades: 1C1 Cool Bone, 2C1 Pure Beige, 2C2 Pale Almond, 2C3 Fresco, 2C4 Ivory Rose, 3C2 Pebble, 4C1 Outdoor Beige, 5C1 …