Skip to main content

Spectrum Collections brushes review

When it comes to finding good, affordable makeup brushes it can be hard searching for the right brand. If you struggle with this then read. Spectrum Collection brushes are affordable, good quality, look pretty and are 100% girly. I was so happy when I had the opportunity to review these brushes. As Spectrum Collection are a brand I have wanted to try for ages.
I adore the way these brushes look. Pink is my favourite colour and the ombre blue bristles compliment the shade perfectly.
I have a video on Twitter of me showing how the brushes arrived and each brush.If you would like to watch that then click here.
Spectrum Collection brushes are Vegan Registered and cruelty free
Fans of the brushes include the stars of Towie, Geordie Shore, Made In Chelsea, Coronation Street etc.

Spectrum A02
£8.99
This brush intrigued me as I don't own any other brush like it. 
This brush is really good for achieving the perfect flawless foundation look. As it gives slightly more heavier coverage compared to any other makeup brush e.g buffing brush. 
I have use this brush to blend out my cream concealer and contour and it does that really well. If you struggle blending out harsh lines with your cream contour then give this brush a try. Also if you like a defined contour this brush is good because of the angle as it's precise. 
When it comes to blending foundation I found using this brush makes the blending process a lot easier as it doesn't leave any brush lines etc. 
Because of the densely packed bristles it also means you can apply less foundation whilst still giving you an 'flawless' finish.  
Spectrum C02
£8.99
This is my favourite brush, I love this for contouring especially with powders.
This brush is really precise which is ideal for contouring.  
If you are heavy handed this brush is also really good for blending out any harsh lines.
You can create either a really dramatic contour with brush or a natural contour.
Even though it's not a highlighting brush as the edges are so precise you can use it for highlighting the tops of your cheekbones and down the centre of your nose.
Spectrum C06
£5.99
This brush is really good for contouring the eye area and in the socket of your eyes.
The brushes are really soft and make blending your eyeshadow easy.
When using this brush your eyeshadows go on smooth without leaving any harsh lines.
If you just want a quick wash of colour on your eye lids then this brush is also good for that as it requires minimal blending.
Spectrum B06
£4.99
This brush is essential in any eye makeup routine as it blends out all your eyeshadows easily. This brush is ideal if you want full on smokey eye makeup or a natural makeup look. 
You can use this brush to either blend out eyeshadow (so you aren't left with any harsh lines) or to add more colour in the socket (to intensify your eyeshadow)
If you find blending your eyeshadow difficult then give this brush a try as it makes blending 10x easier. 
Spectrum A06
£4.99


This brush really is fluffy and super soft.
This is one of the most versatile brushes I have used.
It can be used for base shadow on the eyes, applying eyeshadow pigment, applying glitter eyeshadow, build up the intensity of the eyeshadows and in the crease. As I have hooded eyes I find this brush to work really well as a crease brush as it allows me to blend the shade up (so you can see the crease colour on my eyes).
You can also use this brush as a highlighting brush e.g centre of nose, cupids bow, brow bone and tear duct.
Spectrum B03
£4.99
This brush is really good for applying and blending out concealer as it gives a flawless finish.
The bristles are really soft so they feel nice on the skin.
This brush is really good for blending out concealer around blemishes
I also use this brush to add more foundation on any areas of my skin where I feel needs extra coverage. This brush works really well for that and to apply foundation on your eye lids.
Spectrum A16
£3.99
This brush is mainly used for the eyes but can be versatile for the rest of the face.
This brush works really well to create a cut crease because of the small, fine and compact bristles.
You can also apply cream eyeshadows using this brush, use it to apply glitter and pigmented eyeshadow.
If you struggle applying eyeshadows on your lower lash line the this brush is ideal. As it's precise and you have full control where the colour goes.
This brush is also good for highlighting under the brow bone and the inner corner of your eyes.
The other ways you can use this brush:
To apply lipstick etc as the bristles are compact allowing you to create a precise look with your lipstick
Concealer brush to create a sharp line (going around your lip edge) to create the sharp 'pout' and to also apply concealer under your eyes.
Spectrum A20
Lip brush
I have looked on the Spectrum Collection website and I can't find this brush.
This brush is really good is really good to get a precise lip line with your lipstick.
I also use this brush for spot concealing because of the edges.
Spectrum A14
£4.99
This brush is ideal to use with gel, powder and wax. This brush give you a defined edge on your brows. You can either create a natural look or a more bold brow look.
You can also use this brush for eye liner as it allows you to get close to the lash line. If you struggle to do winged eye liner then this brush makes it a lot easier because of the angle.
Spectrum A09
£4.99
This makes winged eye liner so much easier as you have more control. It also allows you how thin or thick you want your eye liner to be.

Spectrum A11
Spooly
£3.99
This brush is a staple to have in any makeup brush collection.
The comb is ideal to use on your brows.
I also find the comb to be good to use on your lashes to separate them. Either before or after using mascara.
The brush is good to brush through your brows either before or after you apply product to them.

My Overall opinion
I can't recommend these makeup brushes enough as they are amazing quality and look beautiful.
I will be buying more of these brushes in the future.
These don't shred or leave any brush marks on your face.
If you are a beginner or experienced with makeup these makeup brushes will make a difference to the way your makeup looks and applies.

Where to find Spectrum Collections

How to contact me
Twitter
_chloehx_
Instagram
_chloehx_
Email
chloeschoicex@gmail.com

I hope that you have enjoyed reading this post. Have you tried Spectrum Collections brushes before?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything 5 pounds lookbook

Everything 5 pounds is an online retailer that sell clothes, shoes, jackets etc all for £5. There are so many choices on the website to pick from. I was given the opportunity to pick 9 items from the website to feature on my blog. With that I've decided to create a lookbook of all of the clothes. I am really happy with them all and ideal to dress either up or down. I decided to pick 7 dresses as they are mainly what I wear and are really versatile. Shoe wise I went with a classic black pair of heels and a black wedge.
For Reference I am 5ft 4 so the length of the dresses will differ on you depending on your height. All the dresses that I ordered are a size 8. All of the dresses are true to size and accurate. Same with the shoes they are true to size.
All the clothes in this post should still be available to buy online. The clothes on Everything 5 pounds tend to go out of stock quickly.
3/4 Sleeve Textured Dress This is one of my favourite dresses that I picked as I love the colour, s…

Max Factor: Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle foundation review

I was kindly sent these products to review
Max Factor is such an iconic brand that has been around for years. I can remember Nana using it and even my Mam. When I got the chance to try out some Max Factor makeup I was really happy (infact I screamed inside) When I opened the package I was really happy with what was inside. The Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle Touch Foundation. Both products claim to smooth the skin textures. Also, these products are advertised on TV and the models skin looks flawless. Anything that claims to make your skin look flawless and smooth I will try. As you all know I love a flawless, smooth and full coverage base.
Smooth Miracle Primer I 'secretly' hoped that this would have been one of the products in the package, as I really wanted to try it out. So when I saw this product I was thrilled. The bottom picture above is the primer using a small pump and on the right (which you can't see) it is blended out. I applied the primer all over my face and I…

Estee Lauder Double Wear Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear is my holy grail foundation. I have used it for years and it lasts really well on the skin whilst still giving you that 'flawless' finish. This is my ideal foundation as its full coverage, lasts all day on the skin, looks flawless and is good for shine control. It is also the UK's no 1 foundation.

Claims
15 hour staying power
Flawless all day
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and nonstop activity
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes
Feels lightweight and comfortable
Medium/buildable coverage
SPF 10

Shade Range
There are 29 different shade range available and they are split up into three different categories warm, cool and neutral undertones.
Warm shades:1W1 Bone, 1W2 Sand, 2W1 Dawn, 2W2 Rattan, 3W1 Tawny, 3W2 Cashew, 4W1 Honey Bronze, 4W2 Toasty Coffee, 4W3 Henna, 5W2 Rich Caramel, 6W1 Sandalwood
Cool shades: 1C1 Cool Bone, 2C1 Pure Beige, 2C2 Pale Almond, 2C3 Fresco, 2C4 Ivory Rose, 3C2 Pebble, 4C1 Outdoor Beige, 5C1 …