Skip to main content

Elle Woods Legally Blonde: Makeup and Costume

Last night I attended a fancy dress party. I decided to dress up as Elle Woods from Legally Blonde. I have always loved the movie and the musical so this party was ideal to channel my inner Elle Woods.
I loved dressing up as Elle Woods as it meant I got to dress head to toe in pink (which is my favourite colour) and not be judged for it. If I could dress up like this everyday I would but sadly I can't. "Whoever said orange was the new pink was seriously disturbed" - Elle Woods Legally Blonde
In this blog post I will be talking through how I achieved my interpretation of 'Elle Woods' makeup, the costume etc.

"You must always have faith in people but most importantly, you must always have faith in yourself" - Elle Woods Legally Blonde

The Makeup
For the makeup I wanted to achieve a flawless full coverage matte base, pink glittery smokey eyes, bold pink lips and bronzed skin. I wanted my makeup to be noticeable and girly.
Base
Smashbox photo finish primer
MUA Pro Base: Peach
Under my eyes
Rimmel Lasting finish concealer: 010 Porcelain
Under my eyes in a triangle to highlight
Down the centre of my nose
Middle of forehead
Cupids Bow
Chin 
Collection lasting perfection concealer: 1 Fair
On any blemishes
Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation: 1N2 ECRU
Estee Lauder highlighting powder: Chic to Cheek
To set my under eye concealer
Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation: 1N2 ECRU
To set the rest of my makeup
Contour and Bronzer

W7 Contour stick: Medium/Deep
Contoured my cheeks, temples, nose and jaw
Sleek Contour kit: Light
Contoured my cheeks, temples, nose and jaw
Urban Decay Beached Bronzer: Bronzed
Used this to warm up my skin and to make me look 'tanned'
Mac Ellie Goulding blush/bronzer: I'll hold my breath
Blush
Benefit: Dallas
Urban Decay Gwen Stefani blush palette: Easy and Cherry
Mixed these two shades together
Eyeshadow
Essence eyeshadow base: Afea
Maybelline colour tattoo: 65 Pink Gold
Applied on my eye lid
Barry M Glitter Dust: 7
Applied on my eye lid
Maybelline eye studion eyeshadow quad: 21 Pink Drama
Used the 3rd shade
In the crease, outer v and blended up towards the brow bone
Mac: Ego
Crease, outer v and blended up towards the brow bone
YSL Metal Clash
Used the cranberry shade
To darken and add depth to the outer v and outer part of my crease. Blended up towards the brow bone
Urban Decay Gwen Stefani blush palette: Cherry
Applied on the inner part of my eye and blended up towards the brow bone 
Maybelline eye studio single eyeshadow: 1 Snow White
Used on the brow bone and tear duct
Mascara
Dior show maximizer 3D lash primer
Rimmel Kate mascara: Black
Maybelline eye studio 24 hour ge eye liner: Black
Brows
 Benefit Goof Proof brow pencil: 2
Estee Lauder Brow Now: 01 Blonde
Lips
Essence lip liner: 15 Honey Berry
YSL Rouge Volupte: 31
YSL Glossy Stain: 104

Nails
Essence gel nail polish: 07 Lucky
Essence gel nail polish: 07 Party Princess
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat

The Costume
If you type in 'Elle Woods' costume on Amazon plenty of sellers will come up.
The costume is a dress, jacket and the dog in the bag.
I also took pictures with Bruiser aka Bailey. I took these pictures just for the purpose of my blog and social media sites. Sadly I couldn't take Bailey to the fancy dress party. So the toy Bruiser had to do.

Shoes
Primark
Accessories
Sunglasses: Amazon
Necklace: BHS
Watch: Unsure as I got it as a gift
Bracelet: BHS
Rings
Pandora

Random selfies that I taken throughout the night
This is how my makeup looked by the end of the night
How to contact me
Twitter
_chloehx_
Instagram
_chloehx_
Email
chloeschoicex@gmail.com

I hope that you have enjoyed reading this blog post. I would love to hear your thoughts. What do you think of fancy dress? Do you like the idea?

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness I love your eye make up Chloe, it's so pretty! And I do love a bit of fancy dress and your costume is fab, such a good idea!

    Grace X
    http://thatnorthernlassblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was my first time creating that look so I'm glad it turned out okay. I love fancy dress and I knew that most people probably wouldn't have thought of Elle Woods for a fancy dress costume :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everything 5 pounds lookbook

Everything 5 pounds is an online retailer that sell clothes, shoes, jackets etc all for £5. There are so many choices on the website to pick from. I was given the opportunity to pick 9 items from the website to feature on my blog. With that I've decided to create a lookbook of all of the clothes. I am really happy with them all and ideal to dress either up or down. I decided to pick 7 dresses as they are mainly what I wear and are really versatile. Shoe wise I went with a classic black pair of heels and a black wedge.
For Reference I am 5ft 4 so the length of the dresses will differ on you depending on your height. All the dresses that I ordered are a size 8. All of the dresses are true to size and accurate. Same with the shoes they are true to size.
All the clothes in this post should still be available to buy online. The clothes on Everything 5 pounds tend to go out of stock quickly.
3/4 Sleeve Textured Dress This is one of my favourite dresses that I picked as I love the colour, s…

Max Factor: Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle foundation review

I was kindly sent these products to review
Max Factor is such an iconic brand that has been around for years. I can remember Nana using it and even my Mam. When I got the chance to try out some Max Factor makeup I was really happy (infact I screamed inside) When I opened the package I was really happy with what was inside. The Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle Touch Foundation. Both products claim to smooth the skin textures. Also, these products are advertised on TV and the models skin looks flawless. Anything that claims to make your skin look flawless and smooth I will try. As you all know I love a flawless, smooth and full coverage base.
Smooth Miracle Primer I 'secretly' hoped that this would have been one of the products in the package, as I really wanted to try it out. So when I saw this product I was thrilled. The bottom picture above is the primer using a small pump and on the right (which you can't see) it is blended out. I applied the primer all over my face and I…

Estee Lauder Double Wear Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear is my holy grail foundation. I have used it for years and it lasts really well on the skin whilst still giving you that 'flawless' finish. This is my ideal foundation as its full coverage, lasts all day on the skin, looks flawless and is good for shine control. It is also the UK's no 1 foundation.

Claims
15 hour staying power
Flawless all day
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and nonstop activity
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes
Feels lightweight and comfortable
Medium/buildable coverage
SPF 10

Shade Range
There are 29 different shade range available and they are split up into three different categories warm, cool and neutral undertones.
Warm shades:1W1 Bone, 1W2 Sand, 2W1 Dawn, 2W2 Rattan, 3W1 Tawny, 3W2 Cashew, 4W1 Honey Bronze, 4W2 Toasty Coffee, 4W3 Henna, 5W2 Rich Caramel, 6W1 Sandalwood
Cool shades: 1C1 Cool Bone, 2C1 Pure Beige, 2C2 Pale Almond, 2C3 Fresco, 2C4 Ivory Rose, 3C2 Pebble, 4C1 Outdoor Beige, 5C1 …