Skip to main content

Outfit and Makeup of the night

 Last night (Saturday) I went out for a friends birthday. A group of us just went for a meal then drinks around town. I really enjoyed the night out.
The dress I decided to wear I've had it for about a year and this is the first time I've worn it. As there has never been a suitable time to wear it until now.

Outfit
Dress: Selfridges
Bag: Local shop
Necklace: Primark
Bracelet: Quiz
Watch: Don't know as I got it as a gift
Rings: Pandora

Accessories
Watch: Don't know as I got it as a gift
Necklace: Primark
Bracelet: Quiz
Rings: Pandora
Perfume: Tom Ford Black Orchid

Nails
Barry M: 320 Foil Effects
Essence: Gel nail polish 44 On Air!
Sally Hansen: Insta-Dri top coat

Makeup
I wear a lot of makeup to begin with day to day wise. So on a night out I add more makeup.
I am aware that I wear a lot of makeup and this may not be the 'look' for everyone.
When it comes to 'night time' makeup for going out, I like a flawless matte, full coverage finish.
As my dress was a bold colour I kept my makeup quite neutral by wearing gold/brown shades.
All of the makeup that I wore
Eye makeup
When it comes to applying makeup unless I'm doing a really simple eyeshadow look, I do my eye makeup first.
For this look I used glitter and then brown eyeshadow to create a smokey effect.
(Before applying eyeshadow I apply foundation/powder on my eye lids to even out any discolouration etc)
To create the sharp clean line for the 'cat eye' effect. I just used tape.
Products used:
Maybelline colour 24hr tattoo: 75-24k Gold
Used as an eyeshadow base for the glitter to stick onto
Barry M fine glitter dust: 10
Gold glitter. I applied this all over my eye lid
Essence: All about the nudes eyeshadow palette
I used this shade as a transition shade
Collection: Eyes uncovered palette Nude bronze
Applied the shade Golden Brown in the crease and outer v
Urban Decay single eyeshadow: Underground
I applied this shade ontop of Golden Brown in the crease and outer v. This just intensified the colour.
BH Cosmetics palette
I applied the the first shade on the bottom row on my brow bone.
Maybelline: 01 Big eyes liner
I applied this on my tear duct to 'brighten' the inner part of my eyes
Maybelline eye studio single eyeshadow: 01 Snow White
Makeup Gallery single eyeshadow: White Frost 1
I applied these shades on my brow bone (to 'lift' my eyes  and my tear duct area (to make me look more awake)
Estee Lauder: Sumptuous Extreme Mascara 01 Extreme Black
Chanel: Le Volume De Chanel mascara 10
I applied the Estee Lauder mascara first then the Chanel. I really like layering these two mascaras.
Maybelline 24 hour gel eye liner: Black
I applied this on my waterline and tight line.
This eye liner does not move and lasts all day/night
Estee Lauder: Brow now 01 Blonde
This product I just quickly brush through my brows. It makes them look fuller whilst filling them in.
Base makeup
 Smashbox photo finish primer
Applied all over the face
MUA Pro Base: Peach
Applied this under my eyes to get rid of any discolouration
Collection Lasting perfection concealer: Fair 1
Rimmel Lasting finish concealer: 010 Porcelain (I applied this ontop of the Collection concealer)
Applied under my eyes in a triangular shape
Down the centre of my nose
Middle of my fore head
Cupids bow
Middle of my chin
Bourjois Bronzing primer: Universal shade
Applied on my cheek bones
Temples of my forehead
Under my jaw
Down the sides of my nose
Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation: 1N2 ECRU
Applied a generous amount of my face to achieve the 'flawless' full coverage look
The best way to apply this foundation is in sections as it dries quite quickly
Estee Lauder Double Wear powder foundation: 1N2 ECRU:
I applied this ontop of my foundation to set my makeup. It also adds slightly more coverage.
Bare Minerals: Bare Skin perfecting veil Light to Medium
Applied this ontop of the Estee Lauder powder as this powder 'blurs' out any imperfections whilst also adding a slight coverage
Essence Mattifying powder:04 Perfect beige
Applied this powder my face to stop my skin becoming oily
Estee Lauder Chic to cheek powder
I applied this in exactly the same places I applied my concealer. This just adds brightness to the skin and to even out any discolouration etc.
Sleek Contour Kit: Light
I used this to contour my cheek bones
Temples
Under my jaw
Nose
Urban Decay Beached bronzer: Bronzed
This is my favourite bronzer
I applied this on my cheek bones
Temples
Under my jaw
Down the sides of my nose
Mac Powder Blush (from the Ellie Goulding collection): I'll hold my breath
Applied the bronze shade on my cheeks
Benefit Dallas
Favourite blush as it's the perfect neutral shade for me
Applied this on my cheeks
Lips
 POP shimmer powder
Applied on my cupids bow to make my lips look fuller
I also applied it on my collar bone
MUA Lip Scrub
I applied this whilst doing the rest of my makeup then removed it before I applied my other lip products.
This lip scrub removes any dry patches on your lips etc ready for lipstick application
MUA Pout Prime
This lip primer is really good as it makes your lips soft and lipstick etc last longer.
It smooth's out any fine lines and dry patches on your lips so that your lipstick etc doesn't 'cling' onto any patches
Essence Lip Liner: 06 Satin Mauve
I applied this to outline and to fill in my lips
Mac Lipstick: Twig
This is my favourite nude lipstick as I find it really flattering to wear
Urban Decay Naked lipgloss: Sesso
I applied this ontop of my lipstick to make my lips glossy and to make them look fuller.
Makeup by the end of the night
This is how my makeup looked by the end of the night/early morning.
I never reapplied anything apart from my lipstick (that was only once)
My makeup lasted really well (I think) considering it was hot inside the pubs/clubs and I was busy dancing with the girls.

I hope that you have enjoyed reading this post. I know it has been quite a long post.
When you go out for the night what do you usually wear and what's your 'going out' makeup like?

How to contact me:
Twitter: @_chloehx_
Instagram: @_chloehx_
Email: chloeschoicex@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything 5 pounds lookbook

Everything 5 pounds is an online retailer that sell clothes, shoes, jackets etc all for £5. There are so many choices on the website to pick from. I was given the opportunity to pick 9 items from the website to feature on my blog. With that I've decided to create a lookbook of all of the clothes. I am really happy with them all and ideal to dress either up or down. I decided to pick 7 dresses as they are mainly what I wear and are really versatile. Shoe wise I went with a classic black pair of heels and a black wedge.
For Reference I am 5ft 4 so the length of the dresses will differ on you depending on your height. All the dresses that I ordered are a size 8. All of the dresses are true to size and accurate. Same with the shoes they are true to size.
All the clothes in this post should still be available to buy online. The clothes on Everything 5 pounds tend to go out of stock quickly.
3/4 Sleeve Textured Dress This is one of my favourite dresses that I picked as I love the colour, s…

Estee Lauder Double Wear Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear is my holy grail foundation. I have used it for years and it lasts really well on the skin whilst still giving you that 'flawless' finish. This is my ideal foundation as its full coverage, lasts all day on the skin, looks flawless and is good for shine control. It is also the UK's no 1 foundation.

Claims
15 hour staying power
Flawless all day
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and nonstop activity
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes
Feels lightweight and comfortable
Medium/buildable coverage
SPF 10

Shade Range
There are 29 different shade range available and they are split up into three different categories warm, cool and neutral undertones.
Warm shades:1W1 Bone, 1W2 Sand, 2W1 Dawn, 2W2 Rattan, 3W1 Tawny, 3W2 Cashew, 4W1 Honey Bronze, 4W2 Toasty Coffee, 4W3 Henna, 5W2 Rich Caramel, 6W1 Sandalwood
Cool shades: 1C1 Cool Bone, 2C1 Pure Beige, 2C2 Pale Almond, 2C3 Fresco, 2C4 Ivory Rose, 3C2 Pebble, 4C1 Outdoor Beige, 5C1 …

Max Factor: Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle foundation review

I was kindly sent these products to review
Max Factor is such an iconic brand that has been around for years. I can remember Nana using it and even my Mam. When I got the chance to try out some Max Factor makeup I was really happy (infact I screamed inside) When I opened the package I was really happy with what was inside. The Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle Touch Foundation. Both products claim to smooth the skin textures. Also, these products are advertised on TV and the models skin looks flawless. Anything that claims to make your skin look flawless and smooth I will try. As you all know I love a flawless, smooth and full coverage base.
Smooth Miracle Primer I 'secretly' hoped that this would have been one of the products in the package, as I really wanted to try it out. So when I saw this product I was thrilled. The bottom picture above is the primer using a small pump and on the right (which you can't see) it is blended out. I applied the primer all over my face and I…