Skip to main content

My followers decide my makeup

On Tuesday afternoon I was posting polls throughout the afternoon letting you decide my makeup for the next day.
I came up with the idea 'My followers decide my makeup' as I don't think nobody has done this before. The idea of doing this is to make my blog more interactive and to involve you more.
This is the look I created using the products.

How this idea works
I posted a poll of each product category e.g primer
I then give you the option of 3 products to pick between.
The product that gets the most votes I use.
If it's a draw between 2 products then I just pick one of the products.

Face/base products

Primer
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

This primer is my favourite primer.
My foundation glides on evenly and better
Makes makeup last longer on the skin 
Doesn't break me out
I've had this primer for nearly 2 years (I think) and I use it most days. The tube still has plenty of product left.

Concealer
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection
This is a cult product within the beauty industry. Many bloggers and YouTubers have raved about it. Along time ago this was my holy grail concealer and I used to buy tubes of this.
Now I have recently got back into using it and I really like it.
It is medium coverage
Conceals dark circles and blemishes
Doesn't crease
Tube lasts a while

Foundation
If you have followed me for a while you will know Estee Lauder is my holy grail foundation. I can't recommend that foundation enough. If you would like to find out more about that foundation I have reviewed it here (it was also my first ever blog post)
This foundation comes very close to the Estee Lauder double wear. This is no surprise to me as Estee Lauder own Clinique, because of that I was expecting great things from this foundation.
This foundation is really good, so good I'm considering buying the it full size once my sample runs out.
It is full coverage
Semi matt finish
Ideal for dry skin
Covers redness
Isn't cakey
Lasts well on the skin
Controls oil
So far this product hasn't caused me to break out

Powder
Bare Minerals perfecting veil
This is my current favourite powder. I really like this as it gives you a slight coverage.
I've had this powder for months and I've used it nearly everyday, I still haven't hit pan.
This product sets my makeup well
Controls oil
Blurs out any imperfections
Ideal to carry around in your bag as it comes with a mirror and a sponge. To reapply the product throughout the day
This product doesn't break me out

Bronzer
Benefit Hoola
I've had this bronzer for years, it was the first high end bronzer that I bought.
I applied quite a lot of this product as I like my bronzer to be strong.
This bronzer is matt

Blush
Urban Decay Gwen Stefani blush palette
Hush

This is a medium pink with gold shimmer. I have done swatches of this palette here.
This blush is really easy to apply and it's neutral.
I really like this shade although I haven't used it much. Since doing this post it has inspired me to use it more, as it is a beautiful shade.

Eyes

Eyeshadow primer
Essence eyeshadow base
This makes my eyeshadow last a lot longer and stops creasing.

Eyeshadow palette
Urban Decay Naked Smoky
This is one of (if not) my favourite palette. I love this palette for creating silver smoky eyes.
I have used this a lot since I bought it (when it first came out) and I still haven't hit pan on any of the shades.
I'm going away on a mini break (to the Emmerdale tour) and considering just taking this palette with me.
Most people don't like this palette because of the darker shades but you can easily blend them out.

Eyeshadow look


I normally create a dramatic look with this palette but instead of doing my 'normal' look, I decided to let you pick which look I would create.
'Natural/browns' look was the winner and this is the look I created.
I am aware this eye look may not be 'natural' to everyone but it's 'natural' for me to wear. You can easily tone this look down by applying less colour in the crease and outer v.
This look is quick and easy to create.
Shades used:
Thirteen
Browbone and tear duct
Combust
Transitional shade
High
Inner part of my eye
Dirtysweet
Outer part of my eye
Whiskey
Crease and outer v
Radar
Crease and outer v

Mascara
Urban Decay Perversion
I got this mascara as it comes with the Urban Decay Naked on the Run palette.
I have used it once before and I really like it.
It doesn't clump the lashes
Adds length and volume
Easy to remove

Eyeliner
Maybelline 24hr gel eyeliner
This is the only eyeliner that lasts on my eyes all day/night.
I applied this on my tightline and waterline

Brows
Essence make me brow
I have a confession....I honestly forgot to do a poll letting you pick which brow product I used.
So I decided to use this product.
Its quick and easy to apply.
It makes your brows look fuller but natural
It is very similar and a very close dupe to Benefit Gimme brow

Lips

Lip Liner
Essence lip liner
12 Wish me a Rose
I always wear lip liner under any lipstick or lipgloss.
These lip liners are my favourite as they last along time on the lips.
Aren't drying
Easy to apply on the lips

Lipstick
Urban Decay Obsessed
This is a really nice baby pink shade.
Its ideal if you want a pink lipstick but don't want a bright pink lipstick
It lasted a few hours on my lips even with eating and drinking
Isn't drying

Finished look
This is the result from you picking the products I used.
I am really happy with the result.
Doing this post has made me use products that I wouldn't have reached for.

How to contact me
Twitter
_chloehx_
Instagram
_chloehx_
Email
chloeschoicex@gmail.com

I hope you have liked this post. I wanted to create something different that no other blogger has done before (I don't think).
If you decide to do this post tag me in it or leave a comment so I can read it.
Would you consider doing a post like this?

Comments

  1. Aww, this is such a cool idea. I think I missed the voting part, though! :/

    yukitty.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I might do another one of these posts in the future.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everything 5 pounds lookbook

Everything 5 pounds is an online retailer that sell clothes, shoes, jackets etc all for £5. There are so many choices on the website to pick from. I was given the opportunity to pick 9 items from the website to feature on my blog. With that I've decided to create a lookbook of all of the clothes. I am really happy with them all and ideal to dress either up or down. I decided to pick 7 dresses as they are mainly what I wear and are really versatile. Shoe wise I went with a classic black pair of heels and a black wedge.
For Reference I am 5ft 4 so the length of the dresses will differ on you depending on your height. All the dresses that I ordered are a size 8. All of the dresses are true to size and accurate. Same with the shoes they are true to size.
All the clothes in this post should still be available to buy online. The clothes on Everything 5 pounds tend to go out of stock quickly.
3/4 Sleeve Textured Dress This is one of my favourite dresses that I picked as I love the colour, s…

Max Factor: Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle foundation review

I was kindly sent these products to review
Max Factor is such an iconic brand that has been around for years. I can remember Nana using it and even my Mam. When I got the chance to try out some Max Factor makeup I was really happy (infact I screamed inside) When I opened the package I was really happy with what was inside. The Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle Touch Foundation. Both products claim to smooth the skin textures. Also, these products are advertised on TV and the models skin looks flawless. Anything that claims to make your skin look flawless and smooth I will try. As you all know I love a flawless, smooth and full coverage base.
Smooth Miracle Primer I 'secretly' hoped that this would have been one of the products in the package, as I really wanted to try it out. So when I saw this product I was thrilled. The bottom picture above is the primer using a small pump and on the right (which you can't see) it is blended out. I applied the primer all over my face and I…

Estee Lauder Double Wear Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear is my holy grail foundation. I have used it for years and it lasts really well on the skin whilst still giving you that 'flawless' finish. This is my ideal foundation as its full coverage, lasts all day on the skin, looks flawless and is good for shine control. It is also the UK's no 1 foundation.

Claims
15 hour staying power
Flawless all day
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and nonstop activity
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes
Feels lightweight and comfortable
Medium/buildable coverage
SPF 10

Shade Range
There are 29 different shade range available and they are split up into three different categories warm, cool and neutral undertones.
Warm shades:1W1 Bone, 1W2 Sand, 2W1 Dawn, 2W2 Rattan, 3W1 Tawny, 3W2 Cashew, 4W1 Honey Bronze, 4W2 Toasty Coffee, 4W3 Henna, 5W2 Rich Caramel, 6W1 Sandalwood
Cool shades: 1C1 Cool Bone, 2C1 Pure Beige, 2C2 Pale Almond, 2C3 Fresco, 2C4 Ivory Rose, 3C2 Pebble, 4C1 Outdoor Beige, 5C1 …