Skip to main content

The Mineral House at Crowne Plaza Newcastle

This was my first ever time attending a blogger event and to be honest I was quite nervous as I didn't know what to expect etc. I was a quite last minute decision to attend the event but I am really glad I had the chance to go. The spa on the whole was amazing! The staff were so lovely and helpful. The other bloggers were so lovely and chatty.
 
The event was in Newcastle about a 5 minute walk from the Central Station. Mineral House spa is located within the Crowne Plaza hotel (which only opened last year). When you arrive at the hotel you get the lift to the lower ground floor.
 
When I arrived there I was greeted by the lovely staff who were very helpful . I was given a white robe and some spa slippers. The robe was so comfortable and fluffy whilst the slippers were also warm. In the changing rooms there were lockers (to keep your belongings safe and secure) hair dryers, mirrors, showers etc.
 
I was taken to this cosy area to sit and relax in. It was very homely and comfortable. Whilst here I was chatting to some other bloggers Rachel  Nelly Nomi   Laura Laura Toybn Kelly and Melissa we were chatting about blogging, how family members etc don't understand blogging, events, how long people had been blogging for and general blogging advice. It was really interesting finding out things I never even knew about the blogging industry and I learnt a lot from chatting to the other bloggers. It was really nice to actually meet bloggers in person instead of just talking to them online etc.
 
Before any treatments etc happened I was giving a form to fill in about my diet, if I had any skin allergies etc. There was plenty of nibbles available for us to try. Such as crisps, celery  sticks, pitta, cucumber, pickles and dips.
In addition to this I was given some mini canapes to try. Mince/cottage pie, mushroom pate, cod and cheese. They were served on a slate title. They were beautifully presented.

I also enjoyed a mocktail (or two). I was given this when I took my seat. The staff were amazing at making sure everyone was enjoying themselves etc. The mocktail had pineapple, cranberry etc in the mocktail. It was really nice and refreshing.


The Spa also provides amazing products for relaxation/skincare etc. All of the products are designed to help you relax, for your skin to look good and the ultimate pamper session.
 
After chatting to the other bloggers for a while I decided to go and use the facilities. There was a gym available (I never used the gym as I never work out and I wanted to totally relax)
The pool was amazing it was quite big and the atmosphere was so relaxing and the lighting was perfect.
I absolutely loved the Jacuzzi it was so relaxing and it made you forget about the stresses of every day life. What girl doesn't want to totally relax and forget about the stresses of life for a few hours. This was my idea of heaven. Whilst in the Jacuzzi I chatted to the other bloggers.  The time went by so fast as we chatted about blogging. 
At 2pm it was time for me to get my nails done. The lady doing my nails was so lovely, friendly, chatty and you could tell she really enjoyed her job. She has so much knowledge about Orly and nail care etc in general.
 
I had the choice of the nail colours. This was a hard decision as there were so many pretty nail colours. In the end I decided on a bright pink 'barbie' shade with a pink glittery accent nail.
 
 
My nails were quite stained from previous nail varnishes and this Orly Cutique: cuticle and stain remover got rid of most of the stains. This made a massive difference the colour of my natural nails. If your nails are stained I highly recommend this product.
After that it was time for my nail colour to be applied. The pink (left) is in the shade Head Liner and the glittery pink (right) is in the shade Leading Lady. The Orly Epix nail varnish is like a gel expect you don't need the UV light. It also lasts on your nails 5-7days without chipping.  I had two coats applied of the nail colour. Even after one coat it was pretty opaque.
Throughout the whole time of getting my nails done the lady was chatty and friendly. I have had quite a few manicures before but The Mineral House is one of the best manicures as the products were gentle on my nails, my cuticles etc were well treated and I loved the overall experience. The manicurist made me feel relaxed it wasn't awkward at all.
The Orly stand and all of the different shades in the range.
 
After I had my nails done they were touch dry within 8 minutes. I went back in the lounge for 30 minutes to make sure they were completely dry etc before getting changed as I never wanted to risk ruining them. 
 
After that it was time to go back to reality. As I headed out I was given a goody bag (I never expected this at all) so it was a really nice surprise.
Inside the bag it included full size products.
The gift bag includes:
Booklets of the Mineral House
Information booklet about Orly
Discounts
Age with Beauty: Germaine De Capuccini booklet
Vita Liberata Luxury Tan
Vita Liberata Body Blur
Vita Liberata Luxury tan Self tanning tinted lotion:medium
Vita Liberata Super fine skin polish
Germaine De Capuccini Bath Oil
Germaine De Capuccini Timexpert Srns
Germaine De Capuccini Repair night progress eye
Orly Epix Flexible colour
Orly Epix Flexible sealcoat
 
I honestly can't wait to use the products especially the nail varnishes.
 
My overall opinion on The Mineral House spa is that it's one of the best experiences, the staff can't do enough for you, they are so helpful and lovely. They make you feel totally relaxed and at ease. The atmosphere is really relaxed and you forget about everyday life for a few hours. On the way back home I was feeling very relaxed. I would definitely go back to the Mineral House spa again as I had such an amazing experience and time there.


Comments

  1. Oh my gosh this looks perfect! Makes me want to book a spa weekend right now haha.

    www.saarasofia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really relaxing, I was falling asleep on the way home!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everything 5 pounds lookbook

Everything 5 pounds is an online retailer that sell clothes, shoes, jackets etc all for £5. There are so many choices on the website to pick from. I was given the opportunity to pick 9 items from the website to feature on my blog. With that I've decided to create a lookbook of all of the clothes. I am really happy with them all and ideal to dress either up or down. I decided to pick 7 dresses as they are mainly what I wear and are really versatile. Shoe wise I went with a classic black pair of heels and a black wedge.
For Reference I am 5ft 4 so the length of the dresses will differ on you depending on your height. All the dresses that I ordered are a size 8. All of the dresses are true to size and accurate. Same with the shoes they are true to size.
All the clothes in this post should still be available to buy online. The clothes on Everything 5 pounds tend to go out of stock quickly.
3/4 Sleeve Textured Dress This is one of my favourite dresses that I picked as I love the colour, s…

Estee Lauder Double Wear Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear is my holy grail foundation. I have used it for years and it lasts really well on the skin whilst still giving you that 'flawless' finish. This is my ideal foundation as its full coverage, lasts all day on the skin, looks flawless and is good for shine control. It is also the UK's no 1 foundation.

Claims
15 hour staying power
Flawless all day
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and nonstop activity
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes
Feels lightweight and comfortable
Medium/buildable coverage
SPF 10

Shade Range
There are 29 different shade range available and they are split up into three different categories warm, cool and neutral undertones.
Warm shades:1W1 Bone, 1W2 Sand, 2W1 Dawn, 2W2 Rattan, 3W1 Tawny, 3W2 Cashew, 4W1 Honey Bronze, 4W2 Toasty Coffee, 4W3 Henna, 5W2 Rich Caramel, 6W1 Sandalwood
Cool shades: 1C1 Cool Bone, 2C1 Pure Beige, 2C2 Pale Almond, 2C3 Fresco, 2C4 Ivory Rose, 3C2 Pebble, 4C1 Outdoor Beige, 5C1 …

Max Factor: Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle foundation review

I was kindly sent these products to review
Max Factor is such an iconic brand that has been around for years. I can remember Nana using it and even my Mam. When I got the chance to try out some Max Factor makeup I was really happy (infact I screamed inside) When I opened the package I was really happy with what was inside. The Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle Touch Foundation. Both products claim to smooth the skin textures. Also, these products are advertised on TV and the models skin looks flawless. Anything that claims to make your skin look flawless and smooth I will try. As you all know I love a flawless, smooth and full coverage base.
Smooth Miracle Primer I 'secretly' hoped that this would have been one of the products in the package, as I really wanted to try it out. So when I saw this product I was thrilled. The bottom picture above is the primer using a small pump and on the right (which you can't see) it is blended out. I applied the primer all over my face and I…