Skip to main content

Q&A


I get asked a lot of questions on Twitter etc so I thought that I would do a Q&A answering the questions
 
If you could travel to anywhere either for the 1st time or again, where would it be and why?
 Disneyland Paris I have been about 6 times? When I was little and I can barely remember it but I would love to go again. Also I would love to visit America (New York) just so that I could go shopping.
 
What do you miss the most about working on a makeup counter?
I miss interacting with the customers and they were so lovely. I also miss doing makeovers on others and making them feel good.
 
What are your future goals?
To graduate university with an English degree as I want to become a Secondary School English teacher (is my main goal).
 
Why did you create a blog/how did you get into blogging
I created a blog as a lot of people on Twitter/Instagram asked me to create a blog. I also created a blog as I auditioned for a part time makeup job. I thought I never got it and wanted another way to express my makeup views.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years time
In 5 years time I will be 24, so hopefully I will have graduated university with a English degree and to have a job.

What is a good beauty hack
If you have bleach blonde hair but dark roots. Then spray Batiste dry shampoo directly on your roots. Pat the roots slightly so it blends in with the rest of your hair.

How do you get eyeshadow in the crease to show when you have hooded eyes
I have slightly hooded eyes and I have found that this is the best way to get the colour to show. Look directly in the mirror when you are applying eyeshadow in the crease. That way you can see exactly what the eyeshadow looks like when your eyes are open. Then bring the colour up slightly so it will actually show.

What is your favourite primer
Smashbox photo finish primer. This primer is amazing and lasts for ages.

I have really sensitive eyes what is a good mascara that is sensitive enough
A lot of mascara irritates my eyes but I found that Le Volume De Chanel works really well. This is really comfortable to wear on the lashes and feels like you aren't wearing mascara. Its pricey at £25 but well worth it.

How do you make your lipstick last longer
Apply a light layer of lipstick first with a lip brush. Take a tissue and pull a layer off. Then put the tissue on your lips and apply powder. After you've done this re apply your lipstick and it will last longer.
Another way is to use a lip liner underneath your lipstick.

Whats the best part about being a university student
Doing a subject that you really like and are interested in.

What A levels did you study at sixth form
English Language
Sociology
Theology

What is your signature makeup look
A smokey eye and a bold lip. With a 'flawless' base and lots of bronzer

What brands would you like to try but haven't
Too Faced
The Balm

How often do you change the products in your makeup bag
Not as often as I should. I only frequently tend to change lipstick and eyeshadow. Depending on what I am wearing that day. The products in my makeup bag are some of my holy grail products and I know that they work.

Favourite Urban Decay palette
Naked Smoky as I love Smoky eyes

Favourite musical
Legally Blonde. I love that musical.

When it comes to buying high end makeup do you prefer to buy online or buy it in store
It depends on what it is. If its lipstick I like to go in store to swatch them myself but if its powder etc then I just order online. Depending on what brand it is from. In my city the high end brands are very limited so for brands like Chanel etc the only way I can get them without a 45 minute journey is to order online.

Favourite high end brand
This is hard as I like many products from different brands. But on the whole it would be Estee Lauder as I have the most high end products from them. Also everything I have tried from the brand I really like.

Would you consider a career in the makeup industry
Part time yes, whilst at uni.
I would love to work on a makeup counter again. For the right brand and products I love/already use.

What's your current fave go to product and why
Urban Decay Gwen Stefani blush palette. It has the perfect mix of shades. Your blush/bronzer/highlight is in one palette. I really like Lofi and Easy

What blogger are you inspired by and why
This is such a hard question as I read so many blogs. The blogger that I am most inspired by is Laura from buynowbloglater. Her style is really classic and elegant. I also like Sam and Nic from Pixiwoo because they feature the latest makeup releases etc.

Would you ever work on a makeup counter again
Part time yes.
If the right makeup brand job in the right location I would

Do you have a middle name
No I don't

What is your favourite brand for nail varnish
I really like Essie and Sally Hansen. They last about a week if not more on the nails without chipping

Favourite high end and high street products
High end: Estee Lauder double wear foundation
High street: Maybelline 24 hour gel eye liner

What is your dream designer bag
Louis Vuitton wonderful mm bag

What is your natural hair colour and what do you use to get your hair that blonde
My natural hair colour is dark brown. I get my hair done at the salon. I get bleach on first then a toner.

Which bloggers do you feel deserve the most recognition
This is such a hard question! I like so many bloggers for different reasons. I'm sorry if I've left anyone out. I'll @ the bloggers Twitter but link it to the blog.
@SaidByAlisha she is one of the nicest bloggers. She isn't snobby at all and is always friendly
@Rbb_xo her blog content is really good
@Thatsobee lovely person and genuine
@Melis_Anik She is so lovely and friendly. Her blog content is really good, well written and interesting
@EmilinaLove always chatty and friendly
@AislingsApparel enjoy reading her blog content
@LoveRosiee1 her blog is really good
@skinnedcartree one of my favourite lifestyle blogs
@LadyWrites_Blog she is 100% honest in her blog posts and writes interesting opinion posts
@BroganKirby  her makeup collection is amazing and I envy her style

Hope that you have enjoyed reading this post.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everything 5 pounds lookbook

Everything 5 pounds is an online retailer that sell clothes, shoes, jackets etc all for £5. There are so many choices on the website to pick from. I was given the opportunity to pick 9 items from the website to feature on my blog. With that I've decided to create a lookbook of all of the clothes. I am really happy with them all and ideal to dress either up or down. I decided to pick 7 dresses as they are mainly what I wear and are really versatile. Shoe wise I went with a classic black pair of heels and a black wedge.
For Reference I am 5ft 4 so the length of the dresses will differ on you depending on your height. All the dresses that I ordered are a size 8. All of the dresses are true to size and accurate. Same with the shoes they are true to size.
All the clothes in this post should still be available to buy online. The clothes on Everything 5 pounds tend to go out of stock quickly.
3/4 Sleeve Textured Dress This is one of my favourite dresses that I picked as I love the colour, s…

Estee Lauder Double Wear Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear is my holy grail foundation. I have used it for years and it lasts really well on the skin whilst still giving you that 'flawless' finish. This is my ideal foundation as its full coverage, lasts all day on the skin, looks flawless and is good for shine control. It is also the UK's no 1 foundation.

Claims
15 hour staying power
Flawless all day
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and nonstop activity
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes
Feels lightweight and comfortable
Medium/buildable coverage
SPF 10

Shade Range
There are 29 different shade range available and they are split up into three different categories warm, cool and neutral undertones.
Warm shades:1W1 Bone, 1W2 Sand, 2W1 Dawn, 2W2 Rattan, 3W1 Tawny, 3W2 Cashew, 4W1 Honey Bronze, 4W2 Toasty Coffee, 4W3 Henna, 5W2 Rich Caramel, 6W1 Sandalwood
Cool shades: 1C1 Cool Bone, 2C1 Pure Beige, 2C2 Pale Almond, 2C3 Fresco, 2C4 Ivory Rose, 3C2 Pebble, 4C1 Outdoor Beige, 5C1 …

Max Factor: Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle foundation review

I was kindly sent these products to review
Max Factor is such an iconic brand that has been around for years. I can remember Nana using it and even my Mam. When I got the chance to try out some Max Factor makeup I was really happy (infact I screamed inside) When I opened the package I was really happy with what was inside. The Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle Touch Foundation. Both products claim to smooth the skin textures. Also, these products are advertised on TV and the models skin looks flawless. Anything that claims to make your skin look flawless and smooth I will try. As you all know I love a flawless, smooth and full coverage base.
Smooth Miracle Primer I 'secretly' hoped that this would have been one of the products in the package, as I really wanted to try it out. So when I saw this product I was thrilled. The bottom picture above is the primer using a small pump and on the right (which you can't see) it is blended out. I applied the primer all over my face and I…