Skip to main content

Essence review, swatches & makeup look

 
If you read my blog you will know that I love Essence makeup products as they are cheap, affordable and good quality. You can imagine how delighted I was when I got an email asking if I wanted to 'Spring clean your beauty regime'. These are the products that I got sent *spoiler alert* yet again I love everything.
I have previously done another post on Essence makeup here. Where I reviewed the products I got sent, swatched and created a makeup look.
 
All about Roses eyeshadow palette
03 Roses
Natural eye look
Dramatic eye look
I love smokey eyes and normally for my everyday eyeshadow looks I tend to go quite dramatic. With this palette I have created two different looks. The first one is natural smokey eye to add definition, whereas the second eye look is full on smokey eye. As you can see from the looks I have created the palette is really versatile and is ideal to travel with.
The shades blended really nicely together, creamy and good pigmentation. When I applied the eyeshadow I experienced no fall out or crumbling. The palette contains the perfect mix of matte and shimmery eyeshadows.
For some reason the palette looks more brown toned in the pictures but as you can see from the eye swatches its a rose/silver shade.
 
I love extreme volume mascara
Black
I have sensitive eyes and some mascaras irritate my eyes really badly. This one never, it's really comfortable to wear (it doesn't feel like you are wearing mascara) it doesn't flake throughout the day and it's easy to remove.
I really like this mascara as it adds volume to my lashes and its a true black mascara.
 
When I saw this in my package I was excited but also wary at the same time. This is because I have already found my holy grail foundation, so subconsciously I would always refer back to that one.
I have used this foundation a lot since I got it as I wanted to give it a true test. The colour matches me perfectly.
My opinion on this foundation is that its buildable to a medium coverage, blurs dark circles and covers any slight redness on the skin. This foundation doesn't feel heavy on the skin (you don't feel as if you have foundation on your skin) it's hydrating and doesn't cling to any dry patches on the skin.
It lives up to it's claims it is matte and stops your skin from excess shine. My skin looked flawless, healthy, natural and like skin.
This foundation is ideal for those who want a lightweight, buildable, and mattifying foundation.
The packaging is ideal to travel with as it's compact and sleek.
 
Mattifying compact powder
04 Perfect Beige
This is a really nice powder to set your foundation and to give a slight 'airbrushed' look. This is ideal to use throughout the day as it keeps you matte without looking cakey. Again shade wise this was a good match for me. This powder is a staple in my handbag if I get oily during the day.
 
Silky touch blush
20 Babydoll
This is such a pretty pink colour. It's pigmented but not too pigmented if you are really heavy handed. Like the name suggests it is really silky, applies nicely on the cheeks and blends really well.
I really like this blusher as it's ideal for the spring as it's a nice everyday pink shade.
 
Lip liner
12 Wish me a Rose
These are my all time favourite lip liners (I own most, if not all the shades from the £1 range)
This are really pigmented, creamy, not drying on the lips and they don't drag.
This shade is a nice shade to use everyday whether you use it on it's own, to use under lipstick or lipgloss.
 
XXXL Nude lipgloss
05 Just Nude
This is a really nice everyday lipgloss. It's not sticky and lasts hours on the lips.
It's ideal to wear ontop of lipstick or if you are in a rush you can quickly apply this shade. It adds a hint of colour to the lips and gives your lips the right amount of shine.
 
Eyeshadow applicators
People often use eye makeup brushes for eyeshadow but years ago these were the in thing.
These are good to apply a wash of colour on the lid, brow bone and you can also create a everyday eye look with them. In the eye makeup looks above I have used these applicators and the eyeshdadow applied nicely (I never used them in the crease)
 
The Gel nail polish
37 Serendipity
This colour is ideal for the spring as its the perfect grey/lilac shade. On my nails this nail varnish lasts at least 5 days without chipping. I highly recommend checking the gel nail polish range out as you don't need a UV light to se the nail polish with.
 
Overall look 
This is the overall look I created with the products received  and the rest of my makeup is also by Essence (the eye makeup in this is the natural smokey look I created above)
All of the
Lips: Nude lipstick: 06 Barely there
Brows: Make me brow 01 Blondy brows
 
My overall opinion
I genuinely loved all of the products I got sent and I am grateful.
Essence are an amazing high street affordable makeup brand with good products.
They are one of my favourite makeup brands to use and I can't recommend Essence products enough.
 
Have you tried Essence makeup before? If so what's your opinion?


Comments

  1. I've never tried Essence before but it looks so good for the price! xx

    Eleanorclaudie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good for the price and comparable to some high end products xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everything 5 pounds lookbook

Everything 5 pounds is an online retailer that sell clothes, shoes, jackets etc all for £5. There are so many choices on the website to pick from. I was given the opportunity to pick 9 items from the website to feature on my blog. With that I've decided to create a lookbook of all of the clothes. I am really happy with them all and ideal to dress either up or down. I decided to pick 7 dresses as they are mainly what I wear and are really versatile. Shoe wise I went with a classic black pair of heels and a black wedge.
For Reference I am 5ft 4 so the length of the dresses will differ on you depending on your height. All the dresses that I ordered are a size 8. All of the dresses are true to size and accurate. Same with the shoes they are true to size.
All the clothes in this post should still be available to buy online. The clothes on Everything 5 pounds tend to go out of stock quickly.
3/4 Sleeve Textured Dress This is one of my favourite dresses that I picked as I love the colour, s…

Estee Lauder Double Wear Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear is my holy grail foundation. I have used it for years and it lasts really well on the skin whilst still giving you that 'flawless' finish. This is my ideal foundation as its full coverage, lasts all day on the skin, looks flawless and is good for shine control. It is also the UK's no 1 foundation.

Claims
15 hour staying power
Flawless all day
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and nonstop activity
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes
Feels lightweight and comfortable
Medium/buildable coverage
SPF 10

Shade Range
There are 29 different shade range available and they are split up into three different categories warm, cool and neutral undertones.
Warm shades:1W1 Bone, 1W2 Sand, 2W1 Dawn, 2W2 Rattan, 3W1 Tawny, 3W2 Cashew, 4W1 Honey Bronze, 4W2 Toasty Coffee, 4W3 Henna, 5W2 Rich Caramel, 6W1 Sandalwood
Cool shades: 1C1 Cool Bone, 2C1 Pure Beige, 2C2 Pale Almond, 2C3 Fresco, 2C4 Ivory Rose, 3C2 Pebble, 4C1 Outdoor Beige, 5C1 …

Max Factor: Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle foundation review

I was kindly sent these products to review
Max Factor is such an iconic brand that has been around for years. I can remember Nana using it and even my Mam. When I got the chance to try out some Max Factor makeup I was really happy (infact I screamed inside) When I opened the package I was really happy with what was inside. The Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle Touch Foundation. Both products claim to smooth the skin textures. Also, these products are advertised on TV and the models skin looks flawless. Anything that claims to make your skin look flawless and smooth I will try. As you all know I love a flawless, smooth and full coverage base.
Smooth Miracle Primer I 'secretly' hoped that this would have been one of the products in the package, as I really wanted to try it out. So when I saw this product I was thrilled. The bottom picture above is the primer using a small pump and on the right (which you can't see) it is blended out. I applied the primer all over my face and I…