Skip to main content

Essence review, swatches & makeup look

Essence is one of my favourite high street makeup brands. The products are really affordable, good pigmentation and really easy to apply.
I was kindly sent these Essence products to review. I wasn't disappointed by any of the products.
 
All about the nudes eyeshadow palette
02 Nudes
With this palette you can create a very natural look or a more dramatic look (like I have).
All of the shades compliment each other, blendable, really creamy and the pigmentation is the best on the high street.
I have used this palette with and without primer. The colours last all day and they don't crease.
When I applied the eyeshadow there was no fall out. This is the perfect palette as it contains a mix of shimmery and matte eyeshadows. It is also ideal to have in your bag if you want to update your eye makeup from day to night.
 
I like long lashes! Volume & Length
Black
I rarely buy mascaras and I tend to stick to the one that works. When I received this I was excited to try it as it claims to add volume and length. The two things that I want my mascara to do.
The wand is quite small which is good as it allows you to coat every single lash. I applied 2 coats of this mascara to get the effect that I did. I really like this mascara as it did add volume and length. Another good thing about this mascara is that it actually separates the lashes without making them clumpy and spidery effect.
I have sensitive eyes and this mascara never irritated them, it was also easy to remove.
Make me brow
01 Blondy brows
This product is a dupe for Benefit Gimme brow
(I don't own Gimme Brow but when I worked on the Benefit counter I used to use it)
 The packaging is similar, the shade range is similar and make me brow contains fibres (to make your brows look fuller) exactly like Gimme brow. Formula wise both products are identical.
I have light blonde hair and this shade is ideal for my hair colour. It makes my brows look fuller, it's easy to use (literally takes seconds) and you can't feel the product on your brows (it isn't stiff) My eyebrows stayed in place the entire day.
Even though I've only had this product for a week it's already become a staple in my makeup bag.
 
Lipstick
002 All you need is red
I love lipsticks and trying lots of different ones out, so you can imagine how happy I was when I saw this in the package.
I used an Essence lip liner with this (I bought it myself) 14 Femme Fetal as its a bright red shade.
The lipstick itself is really pigmented, applied smoothly to the lips, comfortable to wear and lasted well (even with eating and drinking)
The red is a universal shade so it will suit a variety of skin shades.
The lipstick has shine to it, which I really like as I hate matte lipsticks.
 
Lip Liner
07 Cute Pink
These lip liners are by far my favourite lip liners to use. I have the whole range of Essence £1 lip liners as I bought them myself. These are just as good (if not better) than higher end lip liners. 
Whenever I wear lipstick 99% of the time I will use an Essence lip liner.
The formulation of these liners are creamy, applies easily to the lips (without dragging), good colour pay off, easy to define your lips and the colour lasts all day.
 
XXXL Nude lipgloss
03 Taste the sweets
This lipgloss is really versatile. It can be worn ontop of lipsticks or on its own to add a hint of colour/shine to the lips.
The lipgloss applies easily to the lips, feels moisturising, pigmented and non sticky.
The staying power of this lipgloss is about 4 hours before needing to reapply.
 
The gel nail polish:
Base Coat
Nail polish: 14 Do you speak love?
Top Coat

Gel nails look nice but not everyone wants to go to the salon on a weekly bases for gel nails. Then there is the hassle of having to remove the gel etc.
Essence have brought out Gel nails at home without having to use an UV light to set the polish, to remove the nail polish you just use normal nail varnish remover.
I used all 3 products together and they work really well.
The base coats protects my nails from staining etc.
The actual polish itself is a beautiful red shade. It's easy to apply and is opaque after one coat. I added 2 coats to make the colour more vibrant.
Top coat adds the shine and the 'gel like' effect to make my nails really glossy.
Within half an hour my nails were completely dry.
I recommend these nail polishes if you want to try gel nails but don't want the hassle of going to the salon or using UV lamps etc
 
Overall look using the Essence products
 
My Overall opinion
Essence products are amazing value for money. The brand is one of the best on the high street for makeup. I will continue to purchase products from Essence.
If you haven't heard of Essence or haven't tried anything from the brand, I recommend checking the products out.
The products are ideal for those of all ages, makeup abilities, skin tones etc.
 
How to contact Essence
 
If you would like me to do an indepth review about any of the products mentioned then leave a comment. Have you tried any products from Essence? If you have what to do you think of them?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything 5 pounds lookbook

Everything 5 pounds is an online retailer that sell clothes, shoes, jackets etc all for £5. There are so many choices on the website to pick from. I was given the opportunity to pick 9 items from the website to feature on my blog. With that I've decided to create a lookbook of all of the clothes. I am really happy with them all and ideal to dress either up or down. I decided to pick 7 dresses as they are mainly what I wear and are really versatile. Shoe wise I went with a classic black pair of heels and a black wedge.
For Reference I am 5ft 4 so the length of the dresses will differ on you depending on your height. All the dresses that I ordered are a size 8. All of the dresses are true to size and accurate. Same with the shoes they are true to size.
All the clothes in this post should still be available to buy online. The clothes on Everything 5 pounds tend to go out of stock quickly.
3/4 Sleeve Textured Dress This is one of my favourite dresses that I picked as I love the colour, s…

Max Factor: Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle foundation review

I was kindly sent these products to review
Max Factor is such an iconic brand that has been around for years. I can remember Nana using it and even my Mam. When I got the chance to try out some Max Factor makeup I was really happy (infact I screamed inside) When I opened the package I was really happy with what was inside. The Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle Touch Foundation. Both products claim to smooth the skin textures. Also, these products are advertised on TV and the models skin looks flawless. Anything that claims to make your skin look flawless and smooth I will try. As you all know I love a flawless, smooth and full coverage base.
Smooth Miracle Primer I 'secretly' hoped that this would have been one of the products in the package, as I really wanted to try it out. So when I saw this product I was thrilled. The bottom picture above is the primer using a small pump and on the right (which you can't see) it is blended out. I applied the primer all over my face and I…

Estee Lauder Double Wear Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear is my holy grail foundation. I have used it for years and it lasts really well on the skin whilst still giving you that 'flawless' finish. This is my ideal foundation as its full coverage, lasts all day on the skin, looks flawless and is good for shine control. It is also the UK's no 1 foundation.

Claims
15 hour staying power
Flawless all day
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and nonstop activity
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes
Feels lightweight and comfortable
Medium/buildable coverage
SPF 10

Shade Range
There are 29 different shade range available and they are split up into three different categories warm, cool and neutral undertones.
Warm shades:1W1 Bone, 1W2 Sand, 2W1 Dawn, 2W2 Rattan, 3W1 Tawny, 3W2 Cashew, 4W1 Honey Bronze, 4W2 Toasty Coffee, 4W3 Henna, 5W2 Rich Caramel, 6W1 Sandalwood
Cool shades: 1C1 Cool Bone, 2C1 Pure Beige, 2C2 Pale Almond, 2C3 Fresco, 2C4 Ivory Rose, 3C2 Pebble, 4C1 Outdoor Beige, 5C1 …