Skip to main content

What I wore Wednesday: Uni and makeup OOTD

 
 
I have previously done 'What I wore Wednesday' in the past but today I have decided to do a more indepth post. Including more about the makeup that I also wore.
This afternoon I have just been to uni. I really wanted to wear my new skirt and this is the way I have styled it.
Even for Uni I do still wear a lot of makeup to most people. But this is the way I like my makeup to look and I make time to do it.
 
Outfit
 
Cardigan: H&M
Jumper: Primark
Skirt: Primark (should still be available to buy I bought it last Saturday)
Tights: Primark
Boots: Local shop
Bag: Michael Kors
Bracelet: Amazon
Necklace: Primark
Rings: Pandora
Watch: Michael Kors
 
Makeup
Eyes
 
I applied foundation over my eyelids before I applied any other makeup just to eliminate any discolouration.
Maybelline Colour Tattoo: Crème De Nude
I used this as an eyeshadow primer on my eyelid and blended it up towards the brow bone. This stops my eyeshadow from creasing (as I have slightly hooded eyes) and it also makes the colours last longer.
Tape
I used this to get the sharp line from the eyeshadow. I applied the tape from the corner of my eye to the end of my eye brow.
Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadow quad: Dolce Vita
Prime:
Inner part of my eye
Brow bone
Enchance:
Outer part of my eye
Smoke:
Outer V
Crease and blended up towards my brow bone
Pop:
Centre of my eyelid
Le Volume De Chanel mascara: Black
Applied one coat
Maybelline eye studio eyeshadow: 01 Snow White
Tear duct to brighten the area
Maybelline 24 hour gel eye liner
Lasts on the waterline and doesn't smudge
Estee Lauder Brow Now: 01 Blonde
Brushed through my eyebrows for natural definition
Face makeup
 
Smashbox photo finish primer
Applied a small amount all over my face. This makes the foundation go on smoothly and blend easier
MUA pro base: Peach
Applied this under my eyes to counteract my dark circles
Collection lasting perfection concealer: Fair 1
Applied in a triangular shape under my eyes.
Down the centre of my nose
Middle of my forehead
Middle of chin
Estee Lauder high cover concealer: 1N Extra Light
I used this on this mainly on the inner part of my eye where I get the most darkness and blended it out
Bourjois bronzing primer
I used an angled brush to apply this with down the sides of my nose and also on my cheekbones
Estee Lauder double wear foundation: 1N2 ECRU
I apply this on sections on my face to blend it. The foundation gives a flawless finish.
Estee Lauder chic to cheek powder
I applied this where I applied my concealer.
I used this powder under my eyes (in a triangular shape) to highlight that area
Collection 2000 pressed powder: 03 Translucent
This is a good powder to set the rest of your makeup
Benefit Hoola
To contour my nose and cheekbones
Laval salon deluxe bronzing powder: Medium matt
Applied this on my temples, cheeks and under my jaw
Estee Lauder all over shimmer on cheeks
This product was limited edition. It is the perfect neutral 'blush'
Urban Decay Gwen Stefani blush palette: Easy
I used this product on the outer part of my cheek just for a little hint of colour
Lips
Estee Lauder pure colour lipstick: Fuchsia Powder
I applied this with a lip brush to get the shape of my lips right. I then applied it from the tube. This lipstick lasts all day on the lips and is comfortable to wear. 
Estee Lauder lipgloss: 42 Shocking Pink
I added this to the centre of my lips to make them look fuller.
 
 
I hope you have enjoyed reading this post. Do you like indepth posts like this or weather you prefer shorter posts?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything 5 pounds lookbook

Everything 5 pounds is an online retailer that sell clothes, shoes, jackets etc all for £5. There are so many choices on the website to pick from. I was given the opportunity to pick 9 items from the website to feature on my blog. With that I've decided to create a lookbook of all of the clothes. I am really happy with them all and ideal to dress either up or down. I decided to pick 7 dresses as they are mainly what I wear and are really versatile. Shoe wise I went with a classic black pair of heels and a black wedge.
For Reference I am 5ft 4 so the length of the dresses will differ on you depending on your height. All the dresses that I ordered are a size 8. All of the dresses are true to size and accurate. Same with the shoes they are true to size.
All the clothes in this post should still be available to buy online. The clothes on Everything 5 pounds tend to go out of stock quickly.
3/4 Sleeve Textured Dress This is one of my favourite dresses that I picked as I love the colour, s…

Estee Lauder Double Wear Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear is my holy grail foundation. I have used it for years and it lasts really well on the skin whilst still giving you that 'flawless' finish. This is my ideal foundation as its full coverage, lasts all day on the skin, looks flawless and is good for shine control. It is also the UK's no 1 foundation.

Claims
15 hour staying power
Flawless all day
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and nonstop activity
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes
Feels lightweight and comfortable
Medium/buildable coverage
SPF 10

Shade Range
There are 29 different shade range available and they are split up into three different categories warm, cool and neutral undertones.
Warm shades:1W1 Bone, 1W2 Sand, 2W1 Dawn, 2W2 Rattan, 3W1 Tawny, 3W2 Cashew, 4W1 Honey Bronze, 4W2 Toasty Coffee, 4W3 Henna, 5W2 Rich Caramel, 6W1 Sandalwood
Cool shades: 1C1 Cool Bone, 2C1 Pure Beige, 2C2 Pale Almond, 2C3 Fresco, 2C4 Ivory Rose, 3C2 Pebble, 4C1 Outdoor Beige, 5C1 …

Max Factor: Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle foundation review

I was kindly sent these products to review
Max Factor is such an iconic brand that has been around for years. I can remember Nana using it and even my Mam. When I got the chance to try out some Max Factor makeup I was really happy (infact I screamed inside) When I opened the package I was really happy with what was inside. The Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle Touch Foundation. Both products claim to smooth the skin textures. Also, these products are advertised on TV and the models skin looks flawless. Anything that claims to make your skin look flawless and smooth I will try. As you all know I love a flawless, smooth and full coverage base.
Smooth Miracle Primer I 'secretly' hoped that this would have been one of the products in the package, as I really wanted to try it out. So when I saw this product I was thrilled. The bottom picture above is the primer using a small pump and on the right (which you can't see) it is blended out. I applied the primer all over my face and I…