Skip to main content

Things commuters will understand to work/uni

 
 
These are the 'problems' that I find with the commute to uni and back. The university that I go to is an hour train journey away from where I live. Luckily for me I am only at uni 3 times per week but still those 9am starts.... ouch! I have decided to write this post to share the problems/situations that only commuters will understand.
 
Things commuters will understand
 
Having to get up hours early just so that you can get ready, catch the train etc in time. E.g getting up 6am for a 9am start. 
 
You have to try your best to stay awake on the train, just so that you won't miss your stop
 
You know exactly where you like to sit on the train
 
You hate it when others sit next to you on the train as sometimes (well most of the time) you just want to sit by yourself and prepare yourself for the day
 
Nothing makes you more furious than rising train fares
 
You get annoyed when the train conductors (is that what they are called?) walk up and down constantly checking peoples tickets
 
How squashed you can get on the train especially during peak times of the day/evening
 
You dread travel announcements. The last thing you want is for your train to be delayed
 
When your train is delayed it makes you late for work/uni
 
When your train is delayed it puts you in a bad mood for the rest of the day
 
You know exactly where to stand on the platform to ensure that you get on the train first
 
You know exactly where to sit on the train so that you don't end up traveling backwards

You start to recognise the people that get on the train

During the hour train journey it does give you time to catch up on emails, catch up on work or just listen to some music

When you arrive back home you can forget about whatever has happened that day

The competiveness that you feel to get a seat on the train, when you can see it is busy

You have to 'limit' how long you spend on your phone just so that the battery will last throughout the day

Smelly people. Haven't you heard of a thing such as deodorant?

When someone sits next to you but they basically take up most of the room. Its fine you just basically sit right on top of me!

How cold it is on the train

When people decide that it's not cold enough in the winter so they decide to open the window. Have some consideration for others and not just yourself

When the train suddenly stops for no reason. Hello? I need to be somewhere on time. You  stopping is making me late by the minute

When people try and talk to you when you have your headphones in

The struggle to force yourself to go into uni just for an hour. When in total it takes you longer to get there and back

Do you commute to work/uni? If so do you experience these problems aswell or have I missed anything?

Comments

  1. These things are spot on! I can really relate to the competitiveness of grabbing a seat, especially when it's busy. Once when I was on the train with my Nan she was on crutches and all the seats were filled and no one would let her have their seat. Some people are just ignorant.
    Love Casey X
    http://insideofmymessymind.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Its a nightmare getting a seat as you literally rush towards it.
      People can be so rude sometimes they often forget about manners when on the train x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everything 5 pounds lookbook

Everything 5 pounds is an online retailer that sell clothes, shoes, jackets etc all for £5. There are so many choices on the website to pick from. I was given the opportunity to pick 9 items from the website to feature on my blog. With that I've decided to create a lookbook of all of the clothes. I am really happy with them all and ideal to dress either up or down. I decided to pick 7 dresses as they are mainly what I wear and are really versatile. Shoe wise I went with a classic black pair of heels and a black wedge.
For Reference I am 5ft 4 so the length of the dresses will differ on you depending on your height. All the dresses that I ordered are a size 8. All of the dresses are true to size and accurate. Same with the shoes they are true to size.
All the clothes in this post should still be available to buy online. The clothes on Everything 5 pounds tend to go out of stock quickly.
3/4 Sleeve Textured Dress This is one of my favourite dresses that I picked as I love the colour, s…

Estee Lauder Double Wear Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear is my holy grail foundation. I have used it for years and it lasts really well on the skin whilst still giving you that 'flawless' finish. This is my ideal foundation as its full coverage, lasts all day on the skin, looks flawless and is good for shine control. It is also the UK's no 1 foundation.

Claims
15 hour staying power
Flawless all day
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and nonstop activity
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes
Feels lightweight and comfortable
Medium/buildable coverage
SPF 10

Shade Range
There are 29 different shade range available and they are split up into three different categories warm, cool and neutral undertones.
Warm shades:1W1 Bone, 1W2 Sand, 2W1 Dawn, 2W2 Rattan, 3W1 Tawny, 3W2 Cashew, 4W1 Honey Bronze, 4W2 Toasty Coffee, 4W3 Henna, 5W2 Rich Caramel, 6W1 Sandalwood
Cool shades: 1C1 Cool Bone, 2C1 Pure Beige, 2C2 Pale Almond, 2C3 Fresco, 2C4 Ivory Rose, 3C2 Pebble, 4C1 Outdoor Beige, 5C1 …

Max Factor: Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle foundation review

I was kindly sent these products to review
Max Factor is such an iconic brand that has been around for years. I can remember Nana using it and even my Mam. When I got the chance to try out some Max Factor makeup I was really happy (infact I screamed inside) When I opened the package I was really happy with what was inside. The Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle Touch Foundation. Both products claim to smooth the skin textures. Also, these products are advertised on TV and the models skin looks flawless. Anything that claims to make your skin look flawless and smooth I will try. As you all know I love a flawless, smooth and full coverage base.
Smooth Miracle Primer I 'secretly' hoped that this would have been one of the products in the package, as I really wanted to try it out. So when I saw this product I was thrilled. The bottom picture above is the primer using a small pump and on the right (which you can't see) it is blended out. I applied the primer all over my face and I…