Skip to main content

The Lip Tag

 
I was tagged by the lovely Rebecca at Northern Soul Beauty to do this tag. Lip products are my favourite makeup item and I collect them the most.
 
What was the first lipstick that you ever owned?
 

Miss Sporty lipstick
130 DJ
 
 I can't actually remember what was the first lipstick I ever owned as I got so many gift sets with lipsticks in when I was younger. This was the first lipstick that I actually went out to buy myself. I remember wanting a new lipstick for starting secondary school to wear that looked natural and glossy on the lips. I still own this lipstick but I never use it and it just sits in my draw.
 

 
 
 
 What lip product has been the biggest disappointment?
 
 Revolution Salvation velvet lacquer
I fall in love
I had very high hopes for this product after seeing swatches, people raving about it etc. When I swatched it the colour is amazing and bright. However when you apply it on your lips it is awful! It clings to dry patches, doesn't apply evenly, shows all the lines on your lips and is uncomfortable to wear.
 
What lipstick is your holy grail product?
YSL rouge volupte lipstick
31
This is such a hard question! I have so many lipsticks and I love them all in different ways. YSL is one of my favourite brands for lipsticks as they are amazing, expensive yes but they are worth it. This lipstick is ideal to wear all year round as you can't go wrong with a mid tone pink lipstick. This lipstick lasts a long time on the lips, colour is pigmented and is comfortable to wear.
 
If you could only ever have 3 lip products for the rest of your life, which 3 would they be and why?
YSL rouge volupte lipstick 31
Urban Decay lipstick 69
Rimmel lip liner East End snob
Again another hard question but throughout the year these have been my favourite and they are staples in any makeup collection. I went with a pink lipstick as I love wearing pink lipstick. Red as it is ideal for nights out, the festive season etc and a nude lipliner as this gives you 'Kylie Jenner' lips
 
Matte or glossy?
 
 
Chanel lipstick 100 Aura
Chanel lipstick 41 Sahara Beige
YSL rouge volupte 31
MUA shade 1
Easy question! I like glossy lips as they make my lips look fuller and more plump. I also find them more comfortable to wear on the lips.
 
What is the most expensive lipstick that you own?
Chanel 41 Sahara Beige
Chanel 100 Aura
Chanel is one of my favourite lipstick brands and if I had a local Chanel counter I would own a lot more of the lipsticks. These are ideal your lips but better colour. 41 Sahara Beige is more of a brown nude whereas 100 Aura is more of a pink nude
 
What is the cheapest lippie in your collection?
MUA lipstick
Shade1
 
MUA are such good value for money! The lipsticks are just as good if not better than some high end brands. MUA do amazing formulas and colour ranges. The best part is they are only £1 so you can be quite a few.
 
What is your favourite non lipstick lip product
Nivea lipbalm
This is amazing for moisturising my lips especially in the winter weather. This makes my lips really soft and lipstick applies much better.
 
What none traditional lip colour would you love to see come into fashion?
MUA lipstick
Mulberry
I love purple lipstick but never wear it. I have seen a few people wear this colour but not many. This colour will be ideal to wear in the summer.
 
Hope you have enjoyed reading this tag. I tag everyone to do this tag as it is a fun tag to do.
 

Comments

  1. Such a lovely selection of lipsticks would love to see them on.

    http://jessie-lou3.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I might do that next time :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everything 5 pounds lookbook

Everything 5 pounds is an online retailer that sell clothes, shoes, jackets etc all for £5. There are so many choices on the website to pick from. I was given the opportunity to pick 9 items from the website to feature on my blog. With that I've decided to create a lookbook of all of the clothes. I am really happy with them all and ideal to dress either up or down. I decided to pick 7 dresses as they are mainly what I wear and are really versatile. Shoe wise I went with a classic black pair of heels and a black wedge.
For Reference I am 5ft 4 so the length of the dresses will differ on you depending on your height. All the dresses that I ordered are a size 8. All of the dresses are true to size and accurate. Same with the shoes they are true to size.
All the clothes in this post should still be available to buy online. The clothes on Everything 5 pounds tend to go out of stock quickly.
3/4 Sleeve Textured Dress This is one of my favourite dresses that I picked as I love the colour, s…

Estee Lauder Double Wear Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear is my holy grail foundation. I have used it for years and it lasts really well on the skin whilst still giving you that 'flawless' finish. This is my ideal foundation as its full coverage, lasts all day on the skin, looks flawless and is good for shine control. It is also the UK's no 1 foundation.

Claims
15 hour staying power
Flawless all day
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and nonstop activity
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes
Feels lightweight and comfortable
Medium/buildable coverage
SPF 10

Shade Range
There are 29 different shade range available and they are split up into three different categories warm, cool and neutral undertones.
Warm shades:1W1 Bone, 1W2 Sand, 2W1 Dawn, 2W2 Rattan, 3W1 Tawny, 3W2 Cashew, 4W1 Honey Bronze, 4W2 Toasty Coffee, 4W3 Henna, 5W2 Rich Caramel, 6W1 Sandalwood
Cool shades: 1C1 Cool Bone, 2C1 Pure Beige, 2C2 Pale Almond, 2C3 Fresco, 2C4 Ivory Rose, 3C2 Pebble, 4C1 Outdoor Beige, 5C1 …

Max Factor: Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle foundation review

I was kindly sent these products to review
Max Factor is such an iconic brand that has been around for years. I can remember Nana using it and even my Mam. When I got the chance to try out some Max Factor makeup I was really happy (infact I screamed inside) When I opened the package I was really happy with what was inside. The Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle Touch Foundation. Both products claim to smooth the skin textures. Also, these products are advertised on TV and the models skin looks flawless. Anything that claims to make your skin look flawless and smooth I will try. As you all know I love a flawless, smooth and full coverage base.
Smooth Miracle Primer I 'secretly' hoped that this would have been one of the products in the package, as I really wanted to try it out. So when I saw this product I was thrilled. The bottom picture above is the primer using a small pump and on the right (which you can't see) it is blended out. I applied the primer all over my face and I…