Skip to main content

Christmas/festive party makeup

 
I sent out a tweet on Twitter last week about what makeup look that you would like to see, this was the most popular. For those that follow me and read my tweets/blogs etc you know that I love full coverage bold makeup.
I decided to create a smoky glitter silver eye with a bold lip. This will go with so many different Christmas looks and it is fairly easy to create.
 
Eye Makeup
As I was using glitter it has really bad fall out so I done my eye makeup first that way it was easy to clean up and create a winged effect.
 I applied primer, foundation, powder onto my eyelids to prep my eyes.
Essence eye shadow primer
This eye shadow primer is really good and it makes eye shadow last longer without creasing. I applied this all over my eye lid to make the eye shadows etc stick.
Maybelline colour tattoo 24 hour
Eternal Silver
I applied this all over my eyelid to create a base and something for the glitter to stick to. I applied this with my finger.
Barry M Dazzle dust
Shade 4
I love Barry M dazzle dusts for any night time/ party look as I always get so many compliments when wearing them. I have sensitive eyes and this doesn't irritate my eyes at all.
I applied this all over my eyelid with a flat eye shadow brush. Instead of swiping it on my eye lid (as it creates more fall out) I patted this on my eye lid instead. I applied 4 light ayers of this building the intensity of the colour up. This works really well with the Maybelline colour tattoo as a base.
Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette
This is the ideal palette for creating a smoky look as it is just perfect. I like my eye makeup to be strong and dramatic.
Combust
Transition colour. I blended this from the crease to the brow bone.
Password, Dagger  and Slanted
I applied this in the crease and outer v (blended up towards the brow bone). I layered this colour on top of each other sweeping them across the outer lid.
Thirteen
I applied this to the brow bone and tear duct area.
Makeup Gallery mascara
1 White Frost
I got this a few month ago when walking through pound land this caught my eye. For £1 this is such a good eye shadow. I highly recommend this as its really pigmented. This reminds me of Benefit 'Milk It' eyeshadow. I accidently dropped this but for £1 I wasn't as bothered compared to if it was an expensive eye shadow.
I applied it ontop of Urban Decay Thirteen eye shadow on my brow bone and tear duct area.
 
Le Volume De Chanel Mascara
This is one of my all time favourite mascaras it adds volume, length and blackens my lashes. It is also ideal for sensitive eyes as this doesn't irate on my eyes at all. I have bought several tubes of this mascara and it lasts for ages.
Rimmel Kate mascara
I got this mascara months ago (Rimmel sent it to be before I started blogging). I layered this mascara on top of the Chanel just for more of an impact and to make my lashes bolder. I really like the effect of this mascara and it gave my lashes a 'false' look.
Maybelline 24 hour gel eye liner
This is the best gel eye liner that I have tried. I have bought this for years and I use it whenever I wear makeup. This is budge proof when you apply it. I have watery eyes and this does not budge.
I applied this to my tight and water line.
Finished eye make up result
This is the finished result. I am really happy with the way it turned out.
I cleaned up any fall out with a baby wipe and to get the winged effect I used a cotton bud.
 
Base makeup
Once I finished my eye makeup I started on my base makeup. I love applying my base makeup as it makes my skin look more flawless etc and covers everything
.Smashbox photo finish primer
This is one of the best primers I have ever used as it makes the longevity of your makeup last all day/night whilst still looking flawless. This primer is silicone base and leaves your skin feeling smooth. I have had this primer about a year or so and there is still plenty left. I applied this all over my face and blended it out with my fingers.
MUA pro base peach
This is really good for counteracting dark circles. I applied this under my eyes blending outwards. I mainly focused this product on the inner part of my eye as that's where I get the most darkness.
Estee Lauder high cover concealer
1N Extra light
This is my favourite high end concealer and I will continue to re purchase this. This product covers dark circles, redness, blemishes etc. I applied this in a triangular shape under my eyes. This doesn't crease under the eyes like most full coverage concealers do.
Concealer palette
I got this palette a while back on Amazon for under £5 which is a bargain. As you can tell from the picture above I have used the lighter shades a lot.
I used the bottom colour in the second row under my eyes. I applied this in a triangular shape, by doing this it makes your face look lifted and takes away the appearance of eye bags.
The fourth row bottom shade I used it to contour my nose, cheek bones, temples and under my jaw. This gives the appearance of a slimmer, more structured face. Whilst creating cheekbones.
Estee Lauder double wear foundation
1N2 ECRU
This is my holy grail foundation, I love it. This is the foundation I always use unless reviewing a new foundation etc. This is a full coverage foundation but can be sheered out for a more natural look. I applied this all over my face and blended it with Real Techniques stippling brush. Then with a smaller brush I went over any areas of my face where I wanted even more coverage.
Estee Lauder stay in place powder foundation
1N2 ECRU
This powder is one of the best powders I used for adding more coverage, setting the foundation and making your face look more flawless. I don't use this powder everyday. This is the matching powder to the double wear foundation. So whatever shade you are in the foundation then you'll be the same shade in the powder. I applied this all over my face.
Estee Lauder chick to cheek powder
I use this everyday to set my under eye concealer as it isn't cakey and it brightens the eye area. This product isn't available to buy in shops but you can still buy it online.
Laval salon deluxe bronzer
Medium matt
I have tried many different bronzer from high street to high end and this one is my favourite. This gives me the dramatic bronzed/contoured look that I like. I applied this on the temples, on my cheek bones and under my jaw.
Benefit Hoola bronzer
I uBsed this to contour the sides of my nose so that my nose will look more defined. Especially as I still have swelling from revision rhinoplasty 2 months ago.
Benefit Dallas
This is my all time favourite blusher as it just goes with everything. This product has been discontinued but you can still buy it online.
I applied this on my cheeks for a hint of colour and to add to the bronze effect.
 
Lips
 Bold lips are a classic look for me. They just make your makeup look 'done' even if you haven't put much effort into your makeup.
Essence lip liner
08 Red blush
I outlined my lips then filled in my lips with this. Essence lip liners are one of my favourite lip liners as they aren't creamy and don't dry out your lips.
Urban Decay lipgloss
69
These are one of my favourite lip products. Pigmented, last ages on the lips and are glossy. A red lip is the ideal festive colour especially with a smoky eye.
 
Final result
This is how the whole makeup look turned out. I am pleased with the way it looks, it took me around 45 minutes to create.
 
How will you be spending your Christmas day? And what sort of makeup do you like to wear on Christmas day or going to Christmas parties?
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything 5 pounds lookbook

Everything 5 pounds is an online retailer that sell clothes, shoes, jackets etc all for £5. There are so many choices on the website to pick from. I was given the opportunity to pick 9 items from the website to feature on my blog. With that I've decided to create a lookbook of all of the clothes. I am really happy with them all and ideal to dress either up or down. I decided to pick 7 dresses as they are mainly what I wear and are really versatile. Shoe wise I went with a classic black pair of heels and a black wedge.
For Reference I am 5ft 4 so the length of the dresses will differ on you depending on your height. All the dresses that I ordered are a size 8. All of the dresses are true to size and accurate. Same with the shoes they are true to size.
All the clothes in this post should still be available to buy online. The clothes on Everything 5 pounds tend to go out of stock quickly.
3/4 Sleeve Textured Dress This is one of my favourite dresses that I picked as I love the colour, s…

Max Factor: Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle foundation review

I was kindly sent these products to review
Max Factor is such an iconic brand that has been around for years. I can remember Nana using it and even my Mam. When I got the chance to try out some Max Factor makeup I was really happy (infact I screamed inside) When I opened the package I was really happy with what was inside. The Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle Touch Foundation. Both products claim to smooth the skin textures. Also, these products are advertised on TV and the models skin looks flawless. Anything that claims to make your skin look flawless and smooth I will try. As you all know I love a flawless, smooth and full coverage base.
Smooth Miracle Primer I 'secretly' hoped that this would have been one of the products in the package, as I really wanted to try it out. So when I saw this product I was thrilled. The bottom picture above is the primer using a small pump and on the right (which you can't see) it is blended out. I applied the primer all over my face and I…

Estee Lauder Double Wear Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear is my holy grail foundation. I have used it for years and it lasts really well on the skin whilst still giving you that 'flawless' finish. This is my ideal foundation as its full coverage, lasts all day on the skin, looks flawless and is good for shine control. It is also the UK's no 1 foundation.

Claims
15 hour staying power
Flawless all day
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and nonstop activity
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes
Feels lightweight and comfortable
Medium/buildable coverage
SPF 10

Shade Range
There are 29 different shade range available and they are split up into three different categories warm, cool and neutral undertones.
Warm shades:1W1 Bone, 1W2 Sand, 2W1 Dawn, 2W2 Rattan, 3W1 Tawny, 3W2 Cashew, 4W1 Honey Bronze, 4W2 Toasty Coffee, 4W3 Henna, 5W2 Rich Caramel, 6W1 Sandalwood
Cool shades: 1C1 Cool Bone, 2C1 Pure Beige, 2C2 Pale Almond, 2C3 Fresco, 2C4 Ivory Rose, 3C2 Pebble, 4C1 Outdoor Beige, 5C1 …