Skip to main content

Revision Rhinoplasty process. Day of Surgery 1,2,3,7 and cast removal

Before after my first Rhinoplasty (August 18th 2014 when I had the surgery done)

Last year (18th August 2014) I had rhino/septoplasty as my nose was really deviated and I couldn't breath fully. I wasn't as nervous as it was the unknown and I never experienced it before. This time I'm getting the surgery to remove the callus bone. This was formed as a result of the amount of work I had done straightening my nose from the previous surgery.

Pre Op and  Day of Surgery 1
12th October
Pre Op: I wasn't allowed to eat or drink past 11am as I had to go into hospital half 12 to sign documents, get changed into the gown etc. I also saw my anaesthetist  and surgeon to discuss exactly what was going to happen. My surgery time was 2pm in the afternoon. The time leading up to the surgery was the worst as I was nervous and anxious. I was much more nervous this time compared to last time as I knew exactly what would happen. As theatre was on the same level I walked there.


Top left: On the way to Hospital.
Top right: Waiting to go down to theatre
Bottom left: When I got home and changed into my pjs.
Bottom right: Side view of my new nose


Post op (Day 1) I got discharged from hospital around 4pm. The surgery went really well, everything went as planned. The surgery itself took an hour which wasn't long compared to my first surgery (2 hours 30 minutes). I was given lots of medication so that I wasn't in any pain. When I was awake from the surgery I felt like I had a really bad hangover.  On day 1 I felt dizzy, tired, sore throat because of the tubes I had during surgery, my nose was also sore, stinging and uncomfortable. I had dissolvable stitches inside my nose. I also had a drip pad on under my nose that I had to keep over night. Also instead of having an actual cast on my nose I just had tape on and no packing inside my nose. As expected my skin turned incredibly oily and my face was so swollen. On day 1 I could barely breath through my nose. When I got home I managed to eat a little. As for sleeping I had to sleep up right (3 bed pillows and a neck pillow) this helps with swelling and pressure.

My face is so swollen and the swelling will go down in the next few days/weeks/months, I won't see the final result until a year again. I can barely breath through my nose so I'm breathing through my mouth. As for sleeping I have to sleep upright to help with swelling and breathing. I also have a neck pillow to stop my neck from hurting and aching. Even though I have just had the surgery done and it's early to tell what my nose actually looks like but so far I am happy with how my nose looks. I slept on the sofa as it was easier I used 3 pillows so I was sitting up and a neck pillow so my neck wouldn't ache. I managed to sleep well throughout the night.

Day 2 post surgery

Removed the drip pad form under my nose
Side view
 
On day 2 I removed the drip pad. This was worse than day 1 probably because the pain medication wore off. My nose felt exactly the same as day 1. Also I was unable to smile, frown and raise my eye brows. I also took no pain medication not even paracetamol.

Day 3 post surgery

 
Breathing became easier but the swelling on my face remains the same. Top picture is what my skin looks like previously bottom picture is when I used blotting paper on my skin to try and get rid of the oil/grease. It worked but my skin felt dry and flaky.

Day 7 post surgery


Not much really had changed on the previous days. On day 7 I felt much better and more like my normal self. Breathing through my nose was nearly back to normal before I had the surgery. I put makeup on that day as it was my 19th Birthday.
Side view
 
Later on that day I had my cast/tape removed from my nose. I was nervous about getting it removed and seeing what my 'new' nose looks like without the tape/cast on. When I was getting it removed I felt no pain or discomfort. My nose was sore and it hurt when I touched my nose especially where the bump used to be. Overall I was extremely happy when the cast/tape got removed as the bump is gone.

Comparison
Comparison
Top row: Before surgery
Bottom row: After surgery


Overall
I only took 1 week off uni to recover from the surgery which was enough time for me to recover. After that I felt like my normal self again as I was able to breath fully etc. As my skin is dry and flaky I have been using E45 cream which helps a lot. My face and nose are still swollen etc but the swelling will take weeks/months for it to go down. Like the first time it takes 1 year for my nose to heal fully. My nose isn't perfect but I am happy with the way it looks.

Comments

  1. Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work. ​nose job malaysia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I tried to include as much information as I could. Just incase other people are thinking about getting the surgery or are going through the 'process'

      Delete
  2. The idea of getting a nose job sounds great but the idea of it going wrong scares the daylights out of me. Plus having to shell out thousands on top to fix it freaks me out. Maybe I'm freaking out for no reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's scared me aswell but research is they key and talking about the result that you want with your surgeon. The not knowing is the worst but anything was an improvement for me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everything 5 pounds lookbook

Everything 5 pounds is an online retailer that sell clothes, shoes, jackets etc all for £5. There are so many choices on the website to pick from. I was given the opportunity to pick 9 items from the website to feature on my blog. With that I've decided to create a lookbook of all of the clothes. I am really happy with them all and ideal to dress either up or down. I decided to pick 7 dresses as they are mainly what I wear and are really versatile. Shoe wise I went with a classic black pair of heels and a black wedge.
For Reference I am 5ft 4 so the length of the dresses will differ on you depending on your height. All the dresses that I ordered are a size 8. All of the dresses are true to size and accurate. Same with the shoes they are true to size.
All the clothes in this post should still be available to buy online. The clothes on Everything 5 pounds tend to go out of stock quickly.
3/4 Sleeve Textured Dress This is one of my favourite dresses that I picked as I love the colour, s…

Max Factor: Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle foundation review

I was kindly sent these products to review
Max Factor is such an iconic brand that has been around for years. I can remember Nana using it and even my Mam. When I got the chance to try out some Max Factor makeup I was really happy (infact I screamed inside) When I opened the package I was really happy with what was inside. The Smooth Miracle Primer and Miracle Touch Foundation. Both products claim to smooth the skin textures. Also, these products are advertised on TV and the models skin looks flawless. Anything that claims to make your skin look flawless and smooth I will try. As you all know I love a flawless, smooth and full coverage base.
Smooth Miracle Primer I 'secretly' hoped that this would have been one of the products in the package, as I really wanted to try it out. So when I saw this product I was thrilled. The bottom picture above is the primer using a small pump and on the right (which you can't see) it is blended out. I applied the primer all over my face and I…

Estee Lauder Double Wear Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear is my holy grail foundation. I have used it for years and it lasts really well on the skin whilst still giving you that 'flawless' finish. This is my ideal foundation as its full coverage, lasts all day on the skin, looks flawless and is good for shine control. It is also the UK's no 1 foundation.

Claims
15 hour staying power
Flawless all day
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity and nonstop activity
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes
Feels lightweight and comfortable
Medium/buildable coverage
SPF 10

Shade Range
There are 29 different shade range available and they are split up into three different categories warm, cool and neutral undertones.
Warm shades:1W1 Bone, 1W2 Sand, 2W1 Dawn, 2W2 Rattan, 3W1 Tawny, 3W2 Cashew, 4W1 Honey Bronze, 4W2 Toasty Coffee, 4W3 Henna, 5W2 Rich Caramel, 6W1 Sandalwood
Cool shades: 1C1 Cool Bone, 2C1 Pure Beige, 2C2 Pale Almond, 2C3 Fresco, 2C4 Ivory Rose, 3C2 Pebble, 4C1 Outdoor Beige, 5C1 …